2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Jake9502 said:

Glasto ever made announcements on weekends?

15 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

The 2016 map was released on a Saturday night at about 10pm IIRC. I opened a bottle of wine to celebrate.

Including that map release, there have been 6 Saturday announcements, including The Killers  in 2007.

Same number on Sundays. So it happens but not often.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

I wouldn’t worry it’s clearly nonsense, I put more faith in my cat taking a shit on a copy of the NME and seeing which act it points at.

Haha! God, I wonder how long it would take with no announcement for us to actually start resorting to this as a method of prediction

1 hour ago, caballosblancos said:

@Ayrshire Chrisyes Will Young played Avalon in 2016. Was a pretty decent gig, but better than that he was a thoroughly nice guy. Completely unexpectedly cool. 

Saw it myself, albeit from just outside the tent. And yes, I agree  it was decent. He came across as an alright fellow. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Saw it myself, albeit from just outside the tent. And yes, I agree  it was decent. He came across as an alright fellow. 

I was there. Went along cuz he's got some good pop tunes and I expected a greatest hits set. I left about 15 mins in because I thought it was boring and he was coming across badly. Funny how people take things differently. 

I remember him saying that he'd spent most of the time back stage in his winnebago and thought to myself 'I'm not going to waste my time watching someone who is wasting their time at the festival!'

11 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I feel like this week we must be due some news. Wouldn’t the NME awards usually be around now? 

@Gnomicide In comparison to previous years how do we stand in terms of confirmed acts? I feel like we normally have more three acts confirmed at this point? 

2016 and 2017 we’d only had 2 acts confirmed by now. 

11 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I feel like this week we must be due some news. Wouldn’t the NME awards usually be around now? 

@Gnomicide In comparison to previous years how do we stand in terms of confirmed acts? I feel like we normally have more three acts confirmed at this point? 

Got the Brits Wednesday maybe that will bring some news?

31 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Confirmed acts by 17th Feb:

2000 - nothing

2002 - nada

2003 - 1 headliner 

2004 - nowt

2005 - 5 acts including 2 headliners 

2007 - 1 headliner

2008 - 3 headliners 

2009 - 1 act

2010 - 4, including all 3 headliners

2011 - 2 headliners 

2013 - 1 act

2014 - 1 act

2015 - 1 act

2016 - 2 acts including 1 headliner

2017 - 2 acts including 1 headliner

2019 - 3 acts including 1 headliner 

Edited by Gnomicide
Added 2019
  • Upvote 6

Well I've a feeling Radio1 will be announcing their "big weekend" tomorrow so that'll be the in the news for the next few days.

Can't see another Glastonbury announcement until perhaps next week? (if we're going to get anything at all)

Personally I think the first poster drop is only 4 weeks away anyhow. I think it'll be with us during the w/c 18th March what with brexit dominating news everywhere for a few weeks following.

1 hour ago, utwothefly said:

I can imagine the brits may bring news of another headliner ?

Not for pyramid headline slot but maybe other stage,,,, I wouldn’t mind Keane playing there the Friday. 

That would be one of the biggest leaps up the bill from pre break-up to post reunion.  The last time they played they were on Avalon.