2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

TRSNMT line up is a shocker, worse than IOW.

Seems to me that The Who, Pink, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Muse and other big artists and bands are dumping festivals for big pay day stadium shows of their own. This year imo Rock Werchter is the only decent headlined festival all the others are poorer than 2018, although in the UK download looks decent.  I’m concerned that Glastonbury won’t pull anything amazing together although it’s great there anyway. 

Edit* although I’ll take the Cure if they get the nod ?

Edited by utwothefly

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think it’s that they spent too much in previous years - just that there’s fuck all else available, especially big name headliners who are actually willing to do it. 

I may have bitched and moaned about The Killers, but looking at what a lot of other festivals have ended up with Glastonbury haven’t done all that bad, even if it’s not for me.

I agree, I don’t think there’s much out there to go and get. I’ll be happy with the killers as well seeing what other festivals have ended up with 

Edited by utwothefly

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think it’s that they spent too much in previous years - just that there’s fuck all else available, especially big name headliners who are actually willing to do it. 

I may have bitched and moaned about The Killers, but looking at what a lot of other festivals have ended up with Glastonbury haven’t done all that bad, even if it’s not for me.

Perfectly summed up.  Was trying to say similar the other day in the TRSMT thread.  Look across every lineup this year and they certainly seems to be massively similar.  Glastonbury will again stand out due to its diverse nature

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I agree, we’re still going to be better off than most festivals 

Just now, blazingstars said:

The Cure and The Killers seem to have been the favourites for a while now. How often by this stage have you guys nailed the headliners?

I think it was only last Monday that The Killers firmed up. Before then a lot were pretty sure it was the Strokes...

1 minute ago, blazingstars said:

The Cure and The Killers seem to have been the favourites for a while now. How often by this stage have you guys nailed the headliners?

Depends on the year, sometimes we've got all three pretty much agreed by now (2016). Others we may only have one or two, and sometimes we get late, late into the day before we know (The Who 2015).