2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think Kylie and The Killers will have similar, but Liam pulling a bigger crowd that both won't be a shock and if Dua Lipa is there she will have a huge crowd, to be if she gets 3 strong albums out she'll headline, I think she'll sub Reading next year.

I think the only way Liam pulls a bigger crowd is if hes up against some weaker/less popular acts at same time. 

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Possibly, he's a big draw though and the biggest sub for a long time surely. Anyone else doing the venues he has would surely headline?

Venues mean very little though, if it was only on venues then BTS would be headlining to gawps of bewilderment from 99% of the crowd.

He won't headline because he only has album of solo material and a load of Oasis covers.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Venues mean very little though, if it was only on venues then BTS would be headlining to gawps of bewilderment from 99% of the crowd.

He won't headline because he only has album of solo material and a load of Oasis covers.

With another album coming though plus Oasis stuff. Aye I get that, generally though if you can sell Finsbury and LCCC you're there. I don't even know for the record who BTS are haha 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

With another album coming though plus Oasis stuff. Aye I get that, generally though if you can sell Finsbury and LCCC you're there. I don't even know for the record who BTS are haha 

He's a bit of a special case though (in more ways than one), before his solo comeback he was barely selling out academies with Beady Eye (and they actually had members of Oasis too) but somehow generated a huge wave of enthusiasm for his solo album by sheer force of personality and novelty factor alone, which is pretty impressive. Whether the second album and future tours will be met with the same degree of enthusiasm now he's been around a bit and everyone's had the chance to see him is another question altogether.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's a bit of a special case though (in more ways than one), before his solo comeback he was barely selling out academies with Beady Eye (and they actually had members of Oasis too) but somehow generated a huge wave of enthusiasm for his solo album by sheer force of personality and novelty factor alone, which is pretty impressive. Whether the second album and future tours will be met with the same degree of enthusiasm now he's been around a bit and everyone's had the chance to see him is another question altogether.

I saw him a few times on this album tour. He got better each time, but by the end he was essentially doing an Oasis gig, which people were loving. In that respect, he's a tough act for a headliner to follow.  His last 6 tunes were Whatever, Supersonic, Some Might Say, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Live Forever and Wonderwall.  I agree that he's not a headliner, but as you say, he's a special case.  By the end of his set, you've pretty much been at an Oasis gig, which, like them are not, will always draw huge crowd

10 minutes ago, Username taken said:

I saw him a few times on this album tour. He got better each time, but by the end he was essentially doing an Oasis gig, which people were loving. In that respect, he's a tough act for a headliner to follow.  His last 6 tunes were Whatever, Supersonic, Some Might Say, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Live Forever and Wonderwall.  I agree that he's not a headliner, but as you say, he's a special case.  By the end of his set, you've pretty much been at an Oasis gig, which, like them are not, will always draw huge crowd

As I said, I am genuinely surprised and impressed from the turnaround from being a bit of a joke figure with Beady Eye to being a serious festival proposition these days.

11 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Liam followed by The Killers will be massively crowd friendly

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Possibly, he's a big draw though and the biggest sub for a long time surely. Anyone else doing the venues he has would surely headline?

Maybe... his performances over the last 2 years have made people more interested. He was good in 2017 but the crowd was nothing special. Was very good at Isle of wight last year subbing depeche mode.

Cant see him pulling a bigger crowd that the Killers... and Kylie being on the legend slot will be rammed. 

I will say though I would be happy to see Liam play again he was very good at Isle of wight last year. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Maybe... his performances over the last 2 years have made people more interested. He was good in 2017 but the crowd was nothing special. Was very good at Isle of wight last year subbing depeche mode.

Cant see him pulling a bigger crowd that the Killers... and Kylie being on the legend slot will be rammed. 

I will say though I would be happy to see Liam play again he was very good at Isle of wight last year. 

For LG on The Other Stage? Was I that wired? It was possibly the biggest crowd I've seen on that stage.

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

His crowd in 2017 was enormous! Where were you standing? I came in from the food vans at the back maybe 10 mins before it started and it was a struggle to move further forward. It went so far back that it merged with queues for food. I've never seen a bigger crowd there (but people on here have said Rag n Bone Man's was massive too).

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

For LG on The Other Stage? Was I that wired? It was possibly the biggest crowd I've seen on that stage.

I moved through it with ease... weather was great lots of people sitting down, I was definitely wired or almost wired myself at that point ha

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

His crowd in 2017 was enormous! Where were you standing? I came in from the food vans at the back maybe 10 mins before it started and it was a struggle to move further forward. It went so far back that it merged with queues for food. I've never seen a bigger crowd there (but people on here have said Rag n Bone Man's was massive too).

I game in from the right as you look at the stage... strolled through with ease lots of people where sitting down for the start of it to be honest... managed to walk up the back to toilets with no real problem either... not sure if it was more rammed over the other side

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That Korean boyband who sold out loads of arenas recently and I think I read on the BST board are doing Wembley Stadium this summer.

They’re fecking massive yet I had only heard of them recently.

Wembley stadium? Are they that big here? I thought their fans tended to be ones that never go to concerts?