2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Any Other Stage/The Cure suggestion I immediately take as a joke.. I'm assuming that's what they are? Because any serious suggestion would require a long look in the mirror

I think the same of folk who suggest The Strokes should be headlining the Pyramid! 

5 hours ago, Superscally said:

This would be fuckincredible!!!!

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I think, if I'm reading him right, that rumours, by their nature, cannot be dud.  They are neither true nor false.  Any confirmation either way and they become facts.  I don't recall a rumour from 2010, but it's possible there was.  And we all know the Stroked didn't play.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Wait what?

if you recall in 2010, it was heavily rumoured in days prior to the event and even on-site that The Strokes were one of those surprise park acts (stewards were even saying it - i thought afterwards it was a deliberate joke by GF) of course it never happened, it was buffy something....i was just saying it's a similar pattern this year with them, probably not going to happen 

2 hours ago, forjustoneday said:

In terms of the 'secret set', how secret actually is it? I.e. how long before the 'secret' band play is it revealed/known....

It's true that it's often leaked a bit, but I was at this one and most of the folks there had no idea who was coming on...
https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-libertines-secret-set-was-glastonburys-most-exciting-moment-in-years-heres-why-767640 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

It's true that it's often leaked a bit, but I was at this one and most of the folks there had no idea who was coming on...
https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-libertines-secret-set-was-glastonburys-most-exciting-moment-in-years-heres-why-767640 

It was common knowledge from the morning from people I spoke to but as a big fan I still doubted it.

What a glorious moment when the curtain dropped though, one I'll always look back on with fond memories 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, forjustoneday said:

In terms of the 'secret set', how secret actually is it? I.e. how long before the 'secret' band play is it revealed/known....

2017 they were all pretty much nailed on weeks innadvance iirc. They even just changed Liam Gs because it was that open a secret. 

Everybody seemed to be saying Libertines on the day, but I didn't trust it until I checked on here. I suppose if you don't know what's a trustworthy source, you're not going to fully buy even the most rampant rumour. The Killers seemed to be a different matter though, didn't the King Gizz chaps even make an obvious reference towards the end of their set? Everybody knew it was The Killers.

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Do people think The Cure could headline the Other Stage? The Strokes could then headline the pyramid 

The Cure are far bugger than The Strokes aren't they??

I always though the strokes were a flash in the pan. Nit sure why there is so much hype surrounding them.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I wasn't at that stage, but I didn't find out who it was until the following morning when others in my group told me.  Not that it would have changed what I was doing - I'm not a fan.  I did however get told - and totally swallowed - a wonderful yarn about who was playing by some random in the West Holts field earlier in the day.

45 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Everybody seemed to be saying Libertines on the day, but I didn't trust it until I checked on here. I suppose if you don't know what's a trustworthy source, you're not going to fully buy even the most rampant rumour. The Killers seemed to be a different matter though, didn't the King Gizz chaps even make an obvious reference towards the end of their set? Everybody knew it was The Killers.

Frank Carter mentioned them during his set. There was a bit of booing at which point he told the boo-ers to fuck off until they'd written a banger like Mr Brightside.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Frank Carter mentioned them during his set. There was a bit of booing at which point he told the boo-ers to fuck off until they'd written a banger like Mr Brightside.

Got a good laugh out of me that did.

Where have these Stroke 'rumours' come from? Is it just one person saying it would be cool followed by 3 pages of how it would happen/when it would happen? Or is there something to it?

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Where have these Stroke 'rumours' come from? Is it just one person saying it would be cool followed by 3 pages of how it would happen/when it would happen? Or is there something to it?

No. 30 pages.

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Grimmy said it twice on the nation's favourite apparently.

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep.

The Cure sold out BST last summer, and pretty quick too.

I'll be mildly surprised if The Strokes sell out their APE show which is less than half the size and with a lot more support too, based on how the APE shows sold last summer.

With that undercard I’d be very surprised if The Strokes couldn’t shift 40k tickets.