Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My suspicions were right!

No! But if i did happen to come out with something like that it would have been red thingY not red thing. Which as any Irish person knows, the red thingy is a reasonable description of where something or someone is.

Red thing though. That's just silly. 

But it wasnt me. Obvs

18 hours ago, Skoo said:

Where are you departing from?

I looked at the times from Brighton for last year and I think it was 7:45 and 11:45 - neither gets me on site early enough for a prime camping spot, so relying on car people to pitch our tent for us. However the car people have never been before so I don't have a huge amount of faith that they will be able to navigate to the right place!

Newcastle :-( earliest i could arrive would be 11am, there's only 4 of us and we are part of a bigger group, the rest of them are going from Leeds/London and they all arrive at 7am. Benefit of having a big group but I'm still stressing. 

19 hours ago, justperfect said:

I'd love to be with you during the phone conversation you have with your first timer friends when they attempt to follow some half arsed directions you have supplied them. They'll still be walking around with their heads completely blown long after you've arrived.

Good luck tho my friend.

I am fully anticipating to turn up and they're pitched in Darble.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I'm a fan. Doesn't sound anymore pop than Royals. Lead singles off albums are generally just used to get airplay, so I reckon we'll hear even better, less generic stuff on the album itself. 

Well as Royals is the most popular song you see going to get it wouldn't but they are both just as shite as each other, that's my view anyway. 

What does surprise me if how people mock pop on here so much but Lorde gets away with it somehow.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well as Royals is the most popular song you see going to get it wouldn't but they are both just as shite as each other, that's my view anyway. 

What does surprise me if how people mock pop on here so much but Lorde gets away with it somehow.

I think for anyone to mock pop as a genre is an odd thing to do. It covers such a wide spectrum of music styles and artists. I think for some people when they think of the term pop they automatically think of the likes of Daphne and Celeste and tripe like that.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I think for anyone to mock pop as a genre is an odd thing to do. It covers such a wide spectrum of music styles and artists. I think for some people when they think of the term pop they automatically think of the likes of Daphne and Celeste and tripe like that.

I'm not mocking pop as a genre, I'm saying for everything pop based that gets mocked.....Lorde is overlooked when essentially she is making pop songs that will chart well in the radio. Her rarity of being around as an artist generally and lack of touring of most others makes her hyped more etc etc.

On Thu Mar 02 2017 at 9:25 PM, H.M.V said:

No! But if i did happen to come out with something like that it would have been red thingY not red thing. Which as any Irish person knows, the red thingy is a reasonable description of where something or someone is.

Red thing though. That's just silly. 

But it wasnt me. Obvs

The red ting, the red ting!!

In Arcadia. At night. When it was rammed.

Who would say such madness... :ph34r:

22 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think it's how refreshing Lorde's sound was when she first appeared in 2013, there had been a couple of years of maximalist, loud, party-ready pop music like Tik Tok, California Girls etc. but then this husky-voiced teenager from New Zealand came out with a subdued track which went against a lot of that and was really something quite different at the time.

42 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I think it's how refreshing Lorde's sound was when she first appeared in 2013, there had been a couple of years of maximalist, loud, party-ready pop music like Tik Tok, California Girls etc. but then this husky-voiced teenager from New Zealand came out with a subdued track which went against a lot of that and was really something quite different at the time.

She reminds me similarly to Lana Del Rey although I think the latter in this is far better and Lana gets stick too which adds to my surprise. I think they are both different to others in pop mind and I reckon her rarity makes it a good booking but likewise with Lana I believe they are both in the, less touring keeps interest bracket.

Just now, thewayiam said:

She reminds me similarly to Lana Del Rey although I think the latter in this is far better and Lana gets stick too which adds to my surprise. I think they are both different to others in pop mind and I reckon her rarity makes it a good booking but likewise with Lana I believe they are both in the, less touring keeps interest bracket.

But Lana del Rey was one of the biggest let downs I can remember ever at Glasto. I wasn't particularly into her, but even those I was with who loved her album were shocked by the dullness of her performance.