Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 hours is far too long at a festival where 75%+ only know your hits. The headliners that have 'flopped/not really clicked' are predominately the ones you've played a longish set and filled it out with lesser known tracks. Keep those for your own tour.

To retain the crowds interest for that long, you need that set absolutely filled with hits on the level of Stevie Wonder, Rollings Stones, etc. 

4 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

@eFestivals where do you expect BBK to play this year? They have pretty much self confirmed over the past few days.

info I've had is Other Stage on the Saturday tho what I've had is a little confusing and I'm not entirely sure it's all accurate with the names involved and their placings.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Could we perhaps get an announcement from Ed this week to coincide with his album release? Or will they perhaps leave the final one for the poster release?

unlikely this week i'd say.

Make your own guess for whether he'll be held back for the first big release of names or might get announced before that.

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Could we perhaps get an announcement from Ed this week to coincide with his album release? Or will they perhaps leave the final one for the poster release?

I'm not sure about an announcement to go along with his album, but considering the effort that's been put in to both Radiohead and Foos announcement you'd definitely assume he'll get his own special announcement at some point in the coming weeks and not just lumped on the poster with the rest of the acts.

1 hour ago, 42hamlet said:

Setlist has Everlong down last? I wasn't there/didn't watch it though so I have no idea 

Pretender and All My Life for me, last time I saw them at reading festival they were both played within the first 20 mins or so freeing up my evening for a bit of Justice

would be nice to get a repeat of that this year at Glastonbury 

I checked a few from 2015 and most had ever long as an opener 

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Re this whole 3 hours mularkey. I took it that he meant that for Friday night, not at the festival. He was saying about having loads of songs to play and it being different to when they play Glastonbury? 

I thought that too but then they only played for about 2 hours 15 I think? And plus why would they need to ask the Eavi to play 3 hours on that night - they could've played for as long as they wanted to really. The festival itself is the one where they'll have time restrictions in place.

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

3 hours is far too long at a festival where 75%+ only know your hits. The headliners that have 'flopped/not really clicked' are predominately the ones you've played a longish set and filled it out with lesser known tracks. Keep those for your own tour.

To retain the crowds interest for that long, you need that set absolutely filled with hits on the level of Stevie Wonder, Rollings Stones, etc. 

3 hours is far too long wherever it is. I believe everyone should be able to do their show in an hour. 75 minutes tops. And never, under any circumstances, a pre planned encore. 

3 minutes ago, Nikolai1985 said:

Do we reckon Damian Marley is going to appear or is that starting to just look like a every festival apart from Glasto?

I know there's more than one reggae act on West Holts this year.

I know one of them is Toots, on Saturday arvo.

Damian is in the Europe at the time, and I know he's on the West Holts bookers' want-list. What i don't know is whether he's got him.

There's a decent chance I'd think, but i'm not getting my hopes up too high as other reggae acts are available.