Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Hate to bring in a bit of a negative tone, but I've just spent some time catching up on rumours and the lineup etc

I must admit, if Radiohead weren't headlining this year I'd probably be a bit disappointed with the lineup thusfar

No doubt there's going to be an incredible list of DJs and acts playing the late night stages, but I must admit the Pyramid and Other etc seems very uninspired this year, I'm hoping that the actual lineup brings some more surprises

Anyone else feel that this might not be a vintage year? I'm going to be working it again this year so it might be nice not to have as much of a pull to watch acts playing.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hate to bring in a bit of a negative tone, but I've just spent some time catching up on rumours and the lineup etc

I must admit, if Radiohead weren't headlining this year I'd probably be a bit disappointed with the lineup thusfar

No doubt there's going to be an incredible list of DJs and acts playing the late night stages, but I must admit the Pyramid and Other etc seems very uninspired this year, I'm hoping that the actual lineup brings some more surprises

Anyone else feel that this might not be a vintage year? I'm going to be working it again this year so it might be nice not to have as much of a pull to watch acts playing.

I think it all comes down to a matter of opinion. Can't please everyone and all that. With the rumours so far I'm relatively happy what I'm hearing.

It's part of what makes Glastonbury so great, the whole diversity of it. I'm sure once the times are released you'll wanna be in 3 places at once, but at certain times you might be scraping the barrel a bit

1 minute ago, across97 said:

I think it all comes down to a matter of opinion. Can't please everyone and all that. With the rumours so far I'm relatively happy what I'm hearing.

It's part of what makes Glastonbury so great, the whole diversity of it. I'm sure once the times are released you'll wanna be in 3 places at once, but at certain times you might be scraping the barrel a bit

How I like it really, was quite nice last year having most of the saturday free to chill and stuff

Plus, less heavy days means I can really go for it at the after hours venues :P 

There wasn’t much flicking my switches until that glorious day last week when The Jacksons, Barry Gibb and Brian Wilson all seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

We’re now down to just the former two, but they go a long way to making up for some pretty uninspiring names at the top of the table.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'd suggest waiting until the full lineup is out before you wet yourself.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

hey :P

play nice

yeah I know the lineup will change my mind don't you worry

Tbh I think the fact we're so in the dark is pretty exciting. I mean, it could totally backfire and the only reason we're not predicting the acts that eventually play is because we didn't think they'd stoop so low, but when does that ever happen? I bet there'll be some big surprises at the top end of the main stages this year for sure, and I'm hoping for another 2013 Portishead-like act in there that blows us all away (and then I miss 'cause I'm a tit).

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No.  It's February.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

People have brushed this off as being a joke but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it happen. If Foo Fighters want to play for three hours for the same fee then you're not gonna tell them no, and other than there being one less act on that day I don't see any negative repercussions from it.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

People have brushed this off as being a joke but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it happen. If Foo Fighters want to play for three hours for the same fee then you're not gonna tell them no, and other than there being one less act on that day I don't see any negative repercussions from it.

It was going to be 2.5hrs last time but 3 hours may even mean they'd have to give 1 band a shorter than normal set or even cut to 6. Either way it explains why FF needed to Saturday and not the Sunday. Even with that set length I'm kind of going with Gaga for Sunday as I don't see her starting as early as 6:45.