Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

If Edward cared as much about his fans as he claims too he wouldn't have allowed the prices to be set so high. 

Hes just one of the lads but. 

To be fair, I agree. I'd suspect the price of them is to make up for the little fee that Glasto are giving him. 

We have £200 in the 3 headliners alone with nothing else, although I'd say more like £150 when you take into consideration that at their own gigs you could be much closer or sitting an have a bit higher view etc. Though with the Gibbs and Gaga additions the rest of the acts are extra.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

To be fair, I agree. I'd suspect the price of them is to make up for the little fee that Glasto are giving him. 

We have £200 in the 3 headliners alone with nothing else, although I'd say more like £150 when you take into consideration that at their own gigs you could be much closer or sitting an have a bit higher view etc. Though with the Gibbs and Gaga additions the rest of the acts are extra.

His ticket prices have absolutely nothing to do with Glastonbury. 

I'm not against him headlining. He's a massive booking for the festival, even if I think he's tawdry.

I seperately have an issue with him presenting himself as being all about the fans, and against high tickets prices and secondary selling sites, when in actuality he's anything but. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

Just now, Rubber Soldier said:

I'm not complaining about him headlining. He's a massive booking for the festival, even if I think he's tawdry.

I seperately have an issue with him presenting himself as being all about the fans, and against high tickets prices and secondary selling sites, when in actuality he's anything but. 

Same as most artists then. Especially Thom Yorke.

6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Very true. Ed's been pretty vocal about it recently though, so he's an easy target. 

I thought that quote he made that people kept dragging up was ages ago? But anyway, that's fair as long as it's acknowledged that loads of artists are against touting but also not against money.

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

What about via Spotify? :P

Pshh Ed's album won't be on Spotify until the cashola from sales has bought him at least a few more farms. :P

Or a giant farm for the giant Sheer-pig.

24 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I'm not against him headlining. He's a massive booking for the festival, even if I think he's tawdry.

Just because he hasn't stopped tickets being sold out personally doesn't mean he's in favor of it happening.

There are all sorts of gigs at various prices from £40, 50 60 by people that haven't put a cap on it.

It's easy for you to attack him as you don't like him.

21 hours ago, Paul_w said:

I did! I'd written it off as a lost cause but then someone posted on here that people outside were getting let in (i only live 3 miles away) so i went back on the off chance and got in! Will be making a donation to efests when i get paid as it wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for this site :)

What time did you get back to the cheese and grain for? 
If its after 6:45pm I might blow my brains out as that's the time I would of arrived if I didn't sack it off. 

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I thought that quote he made that people kept dragging up was ages ago? But anyway, that's fair as long as it's acknowledged that loads of artists are against touting but also not against money.

Pshh Ed's album won't be on Spotify until the cashola from sales has bought him at least a few more farms. :P

Or a giant farm for the giant Sheer-pig.

Side note, I'm surprised so many big acts still put their new albums on Spotify on release day. After you see the impact it had on Taylor Swift and Adele's sales (don't get me wrong, I know they'd have sold huge volumes regardless), I'm surprised more don't follow suit with a delayed streaming release.