Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It was going to be 2.5hrs last time but 3 hours may even mean they'd have to give 1 band a shorter than normal set or even cut to 6. Either way it explains why FF needed to Saturday and not the Sunday. Even with that set length I'm kind of going with Gaga for Sunday as I don't see her starting as early as 6:45.

didn't Brice springsteen go for 3 hours and then have to be turned off?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Hate to bring in a bit of a negative tone, but I've just spent some time catching up on rumours and the lineup etc

I must admit, if Radiohead weren't headlining this year I'd probably be a bit disappointed with the lineup thusfar

No doubt there's going to be an incredible list of DJs and acts playing the late night stages, but I must admit the Pyramid and Other etc seems very uninspired this year, I'm hoping that the actual lineup brings some more surprises

Anyone else feel that this might not be a vintage year? I'm going to be working it again this year so it might be nice not to have as much of a pull to watch acts playing.

Felt like this after the first announcement last year. But ended up doing that thing when you discover acts who you wouldn't normally have been drawn to, and ended up having an even better time. It can quite often create opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd actually quite like it if the Foos did a really long set as then I could toddle over for the first or last hour and see someone else as well. It's all a question of when they do Everlong. 

Going by some of their last* set lists seems like they open with it. I like that idea though. I'm not a huge fan but an hour or so would be nice

*I realise that these were from 2015 but they also opened with it in the Frome gig so perhaps not much will change

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Going by some of their last* set lists seems like they open with it. I like that idea though. I'm not a huge fan but an hour or so would be nice

*I realise that these were from 2015 but they also opened with it in the Frome gig so perhaps not much will change

Ah cheers. Good to know. That would actually be my ideal scenario, be there for the first hour, see Everlong and a few other oldies and then fuck off. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah cheers. Good to know. That would actually be my ideal scenario, be there for the first hour, see Everlong and a few other oldies and then fuck off. 

No problem. Everlong, Monnkey Wrench and LEarning to fly have all been quite early on in the setlists but there's a few where they're not.

70% chance if you went for the first hour you'd see these. A gamble is a gamble mind you

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I like about four Foos songs - Everlong, All My Life, the Pretender and Breakout.

Knowing my luck they'll be equally spaced at 45 minute intervals.

All My Life and Pretender have been early on when I've seen them and Breakout about midway through with Everlong right at the end.

Sorted.

9 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Setlist has Everlong down last? I wasn't there/didn't watch it though so I have no idea 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I like about four Foos songs - Everlong, All My Life, the Pretender and Breakout.

Knowing my luck they'll be equally spaced at 45 minute intervals.

Pretender and All My Life for me, last time I saw them at reading festival they were both played within the first 20 mins or so freeing up my evening for a bit of Justice

would be nice to get a repeat of that this year at Glastonbury 

41 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

didn't Brice springsteen go for 3 hours and then have to be turned off?

The turning off thing was at Hyde Park a few years later, when Springsteen & McCartney were on stage jamming together.

He went about 10 minutes past curfew at Glastonbury, and the Festival had to pay a small fine - Michael made comments to the effect that it was "worth every penny".

I'm sure it's happened quite a few times over the years, but the most high profile "cut off" I can remember at Glastonbury was quite a few years ago when Primal Scream had to be dragged off the Pyramid so that the headliners could set up.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

The turning off thing was at Hyde Park a few years later, when Springsteen & McCartney were on stage jamming together.

He went about 10 minutes past curfew at Glastonbury, and the Festival had to pay a small fine - Michael made comments to the effect that it was "worth every penny".

I'm sure it's happened quite a few times over the years, but the most high profile "cut off" I can remember at Glastonbury was quite a few years ago when Primal Scream had to be dragged off the Pyramid so that the headliners could set up.

I assume that wasn't before the Stones, Gillespie looked like he wanted to be anywhere else that evening.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I remember them turning the sound off for NERD in 2009 or something. They were not happy.