Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Where are you departing from?

I looked at the times from Brighton for last year and I think it was 7:45 and 11:45 - neither gets me on site early enough for a prime camping spot, so relying on car people to pitch our tent for us. However the car people have never been before so I don't have a huge amount of faith that they will be able to navigate to the right place!

At least both Brighton times were a.m last year. I've got one at 3pm before (ironically that was the quickest journey!) Did worthy view last year but in 15 just went into Pylon about 7pm and there was loads of room. 

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Where are you departing from?

I looked at the times from Brighton for last year and I think it was 7:45 and 11:45 - neither gets me on site early enough for a prime camping spot, so relying on car people to pitch our tent for us. However the car people have never been before so I don't have a huge amount of faith that they will be able to navigate to the right place!

I'd love to be with you during the phone conversation you have with your first timer friends when they attempt to follow some half arsed directions you have supplied them. They'll still be walking around with their heads completely blown long after you've arrived.

Good luck tho my friend.

28 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I always love overhearing some pissed bloke shouting "I'm by the flag! The BIG FLAG!" down the phone in a field full of big flags.

:lol:

A few years ago we lost an inebriated member of our party one night at the Pyramid.  All he could tell us on the phone about his whereabouts was "I'm in the middle! THE MIDDLE!!"

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

:lol:

A few years ago we lost an inebriated member of our party one night at the Pyramid.  All he could tell us on the phone about his whereabouts was "I'm in the middle! THE MIDDLE!!"

One of our party, and a much-beloved member of these boards, is legendary for asking to be met at "The red thing".

Uh-huh...

:D

Ben

Years ago at Leeds as we were sat round our tents in the early hours one of our groups phone went off.

He answered it with a few " OK "

He then set off on a mission to find Paul who had got pissed on his smuggled in Vodka and was totally lost and could not be arsed to walk any further .

What did we have to go on

" I am sat by a burger van "

2 minutes ago, ivan said:

Years ago at Leeds as we were sat round our tents in the early hours one of our groups phone went off.

He answered it with a few " OK "

He then set off on a mission to find Paul who had got pissed on his smuggled in Vodka and was totally lost and could not be arsed to walk any further .

What did we have to go on

" I am sat by a burger van "

Similar to my mate at glastonbury, lost his head. went to find him and asked what he could see, replied with people :o

This is nothing. One of my mates has the worst sense of direction I've ever seen and a complete inability to remember any former route he has taken (he genuinely only remembers about 4 places in our local town and still gets lost driving to our houses despite knowing us for 15 years). At Bestival last year whilst leaving on the Monday he managed to lose contact with our group that were trudging up the hill of death to the coach park (where we came in) and instead managed to make his way over to the other side of the site to the other exit (where the shuttle buses to the ferry ports go from) and consequently miss our coach.

When phoning him upon reaching the top and realising he wasnt with us he answered genuinely unaware that he was lost.

A couple of years back we were at the Blues on the Thursday night, one minute my mate (who was literally yards away) was there, then he was gone. He's got a reputation of vanishing into thin air and we alway have to keep a pretty much constant eye on him. I got on the phone to him immediately and preceded to explain that we were right by the giant man sculpture with green lasers coming out of his eyes, almost impossible to miss if you've seen it and we were standing very near it when we lost him. He'd only been gone for about 2 minutes but he couldn't see it. He turned up the next morning and couldn't remember where he had been for the previous 6 or 7 hours.

The annoyance within our group is a Lad with one of them names when shouted you get the same thing shouted back by more than half a dozen people. Our friend is like a young child, easily distracted by colourful shines things. "Alan" likes to wonder off..! He gets lost a lot so finding him is a massive pain in the back side..! 

Oh just been watching the BBC one show old Ed is on there performing tomorrow..! Will him drop the G bomb on us?