Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, musky said:

And welcome! Always worth keeping an eye on this place as news tends to get uncovered first here, even if it does tend to get buried in threads like this one. :)

In other news, my friend at the BBC got back to me. Although they work at the online news bit they're not responsible for the entertainment news. Anyhow, they seem to think it was more likely to have been embargoed and published accidentally as it would be very unusual for that sort of mistake to have happened and very unlikely that they'd be slack enough to just print a rumour or publish something from just one source.

I'm going to go with someone just being slack though. ;)

I very much doubt that.

embargoed festival announcements sent to the press and PR outlets are usually only sent out a few hours in advance, sometimes a day or 2 at most, which allows articles to be written up and ready to be published when the announcement is made.

unless Sheeran and Green Day are to be announced on Monday, i'd say there's almost no chance that their names have been sent out and are under embargo. it would make absolutely no sense that they've been sent out if they're not going to be announced until March.

6 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I followed a link on twitter Wednesday night to this chat and it'd been so much fun following it! Last night was awesome that they'd go to a tiny place in Somerset and I can't wait till Glasto! 

This thread did go a tad mental , it's all good when that happens 

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I very much doubt that.

embargoed festival announcements sent to the press and PR outlets are usually only sent out a few hours in advance, sometimes a day or 2 at most, which allows articles to be written up and ready to be published when the announcement is made.

unless Sheeran and Green Day are to be announced on Monday, i'd say there's almost no chance that their names have been sent out and are under embargo. it would make absolutely no sense that they've been sent out if they're not going to be announced until March.

My thoughts exactly. I suspect my friend believed that because it was a very unusual occurrence and it would have needed someone to have been very slack, it was something that must have had another cause. 

Sometimes people just screw up and the unlikely happens. 

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Full lineup isn't usually out until the end of May/early June. They're probably talking about the poster, which we're expecting then anyway. 

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In case anyone else missed it last night, this is one of the most uplifting three pages in eFests history.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/216619-next-announcement-2017-thread/?page=111

Such an emotional rollercoaster. I expect the competitions thread this year to follow this uplifting trend 

22 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Excellent news. I thought you'd gone home!

I did! I'd written it off as a lost cause but then someone posted on here that people outside were getting let in (i only live 3 miles away) so i went back on the off chance and got in! Will be making a donation to efests when i get paid as it wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for this site :)

7 minutes ago, Paul_w said:

I did! I'd written it off as a lost cause but then someone posted on here that people outside were getting let in (i only live 3 miles away) so i went back on the off chance and got in! Will be making a donation to efests when i get paid as it wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for this site :)

Was made up to see you got in too :) 

1 hour ago, Paul_w said:

Soooo pleased you got in! Hope you had a bloody great night!! :D

4 hours ago, Paul_w said:

Good on you mate, well done. The owner of this site however doesn't like Foos, skanked a ticket, then moaned about it afterwards. A gig for true fans hey. 

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Good on you mate, well done. The owner of this site (without whom this forum wouldn't exist and the person I'm congratulating wouldn't have got in) however doesn't like Foos (but does run a site concerned with live music so has a reasonable reason to be interested), skanked a ticket (was given a ticket by someone who he gets a lot of free publicity for), then moaned (said he had seen them lots and this was the least good time) about it afterwards. A gig for true fans hey (True fans got in because of his site) 

Edited by themuel

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Good on you mate, well done. The owner of this site however doesn't like Foos, skanked a ticket, then moaned about it afterwards. A gig for true fans hey. 

Don't understand why people have it in for Neil for getting a ticket?

He pretty much dedicates his life to this site, all for our benefit only. He leaks info knowing he probably shouldn't, again, all for our benefit only.

it was never marketed as a gig for true fans, was a surprise gig to announce their Glasto performance. God forbid someone who loves Glastonbury, and runs the best festival forum, goes to that gig.