What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

On 4/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, The Dawg said:

My mobile phone lanyard arrived today so I don't bloody lose it.  Shout out to a chap on the fb Glasto boards whose name I don't remember, great idea.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275142554713

Ooh this is tempting, I’m such a liability for losing things that I’ve started using one of these when I go out in real life:

WILLWELL SPORT Running Belt - Fitness Belt, Flip Waist Belt with pockets, Waist Pack Belt. Hydration belt.Great for Carrying Keys, Phones, Cards and Cash. Suitable for Men And Women. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076P8M1MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZAC7MBQN6WV09Q7N6XZJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I tuck it under my trousers and boxers so it’s impossible for anything to fall out, as I have lost my keys, card holder and phone on countless occasions. I was going to do the same at Glasto (obviously don’t need keys but for my phone and card) because I don’t always like carrying a bag round the whole time, but this might be a good option for the phone instead.

Spurred by looking something up from another thread, went down a proper wormhole of previous festivals detailed stage times on the website. 

Properly increased the excitement levels. There is just so much on!

Sure, the main stages are great and all, but there’s nothing like finding a tiny act you love on a random venue. 😍 Cannot wait till we see this years full times…

Despite having three copies of the hardback version of the Glastonbury book (obvious present for people to buy me), I have never read it properly as it's a bit cumbersome to hold.  Today I downloaded the kindle version for £2.99 which I will probably actually read (and then I can look at the pictures in the big book).

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, gfa said:

I like how you put it in the second part - definitely hasn't got the impact factor of smoke bombs / flares. Based on the lineup this year I think we could be fairly free of them too, nobody is standing out to me so far as a 'flare act'

I imagine quote a few will be going flares out for fender. 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

I imagine quote a few will be going flares out for fender. 

Yeah maybe - foals too perhaps. Neither are your courteeners / kasabian exactly though

Bought some new walking boots yesterday and took them on their 2nd walk this morning to start wearing them in! Was a bit unsure whether to buy new ones so close to Glasto, but decided I can use the time well to up my walking fitness and wear them in. Actually splashed out and spent over 100 quid on this pair, to replace the last few pairs of about 35 quid. Hopefully these will last longer! 

20220403_084808.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looked on internet at 4/5 man tents we can stand up in rather than 2 x3 man tents and an extra trolley as worried about the long walk in from East car parks with a recent mobility issue. Normally end up  parked  up in E8 and walk through campervan fields but am wondering if they will be using more of the car parks for campervan space this year since West has gone. I noticed the area had increased last time on the 2019 map. 

21 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Despite having three copies of the hardback version of the Glastonbury book (obvious present for people to buy me), I have never read it properly as it's a bit cumbersome to hold.  Today I downloaded the kindle version for £2.99 which I will probably actually read (and then I can look at the pictures in the big book).

Oh sorry but can I recommend you just read the book! It’s such a beautiful thing and turning the actual pages for the first time is an absolute delight 😂😂

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh sorry but can I recommend you just read the book! It’s such a beautiful thing and turning the actual pages for the first time is an absolute delight 😂😂

Tbf, I'll probably switch between the two - but knowing I can read a bit on the go or in bed will make it easier for me I think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, prog seller said:

I washed my sleeping bag. I hate to admit its not been washed since first use and the last festival I went to was Bestival 2017 🤐 oops. Now it smells lovely 😄

Well reminded. Mines been bagged up with my tent since Sziget 2019. I better check that it’s not rotten. 

• Like 1