What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Me too.

It's ripping through my work at the moment.

How you feeling? I'm kind of in 'bad cold but I've had worse' territory. 

Yeah I feel the same ,Just feels like the flu but also hands keep going numb and can't taste anything. Lemsips seem to be working for the sore throat and headaches, thanks 👍 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Tonight is my first night out this year .... so hopefully some prep ready for Glastonbury .... definately a start in getting used to being around people once more .... 

On a Tuesday too, you little devil! 

16 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

I found this. Should do the job, right?

Just don't want too much extra weight for going in. That said the short term pain to actually get some sleep will be worth it.

I don't like me when I'm tired!

I can’t stress enough that this setup is in no way comparable to having a F&B tent. They are pitch black when inside them, no sunlight whatsoever and the temperature remains stable. 

5 hours ago, stuie said:

I can’t stress enough that this setup is in no way comparable to having a F&B tent. They are pitch black when inside them, no sunlight whatsoever and the temperature remains stable. 

Only considering 'secondary' solutions as our current tent has only been used twice but I've heard the reviews and this place hasn't let me down in the past. Now to pick one, justify the money and decide what to do with the old one!

I've seen there are a few different designs - even of the same tent build type. Anything to bear in mind when choosing one?

I looked at the F&B 3 man tent.  Trying to justify it -I am planning on going to 4 festivals this year, and would use this at least at 2 of them (the others I may take a larger one and share with friends).

But I already have two tents of that size - though one was bought in 2015 for my daughter to work at Glasto and has had good wear - at least 7 or so festivals I would say.  The other was picked up for free at the end of a Glasto.

So I can justify it can't I?

Are there any downsides - isn't it gloomy when you do wake up - especially if you want to sit in it if it's raining?

34 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I looked at the F&B 3 man tent.  Trying to justify it -I am planning on going to 4 festivals this year, and would use this at least at 2 of them (the others I may take a larger one and share with friends).

But I already have two tents of that size - though one was bought in 2015 for my daughter to work at Glasto and has had good wear - at least 7 or so festivals I would say.  The other was picked up for free at the end of a Glasto.

Are there any downsides - isn't it gloomy when you do wake up - especially if you want to sit in it if it's raining?

Once you've taken it once, you will never go back - trust me! Its pretty dark but you can open the door a bit and its not too bad - i guess if your worried about rain get the one with a porch.

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Once you've had Fresh and Black, you'll never go back.

Game changer.

There is a cheaper alternative if you have a decent tent already.  An eye mask and also some ear plugs.  Had some better sleeps in a tent than at home with the addition of some small incremental gains.

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

There is a cheaper alternative if you have a decent tent already.  An eye mask and also some ear plugs.  Had some better sleeps in a tent than at home with the addition of some small incremental gains.

If the weathers not too bad yes - but if its a 30 degree scorcher thats the main thing where the fresh n black helps. Its all about the cooling, rather than the blackout part

Just now, gfa said:

If the weathers not too bad yes - but if its a 30 degree scorcher thats the main thing where the fresh n black helps. Its all about the cooling, rather than the blackout part

understood now.  I manage to camp by the woods in Toms Field in the lee of the rising sun and did not really think about the heat aspects.  Apologies.  Plus there is no way i am still in a tent after nine so not really something i had thought about.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

This. The main benefit of Decathlon's Fresh & Black range isn't the darkness (although that helps) but the coolness. In direct sunlight, a tent kind of acts like a greenhouse as heat gets trapped inside. You can alleviate the heat by increasing the ventilation, but this leads to more light and is very cold at night (clear, hot days are often preceded by cold nights due to the lack of cloud cover). My plan which kind of worked before getting my current tent was to wear an eyemask and have a bottle of water next to me. When I woke up with my tent too warm, I would drink some water and lie on top of my sleeping bad using just my sleeping bag liner or a fleece blanket to stop me getting too cool.

It was fine, but the new tent is better.