What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Not something I’ve just done but a little tip for others. This weekend is looking warm and dry. It could be that elusive dry bank holiday that is rare for this country. 

It’s a perfect time to check tents that have been in storage for a year by putting them up, better to spot any issues now rather than waiting until June when it’s too late to do anything about it. 

If you’re planning on painting your tent then it’s a great time to do it so you have time to let it dry before having to put it away again. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a perfect time to check tents that have been in storage for a year by putting them up, better to spot any issues now rather than waiting until June when it’s too late to do anything about it. 

We did this a few weeks ago, it was a new tent but wanted to check it before we went on site. 

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

it is mate.  Its ridiculous.  heavy and bulky bit could power the Pyramid P.A

Literally just keeps going and going

She's a beaut. I have what seems to be an unhealthy obsession with having power banks to cover all situations. Still looking for something usb-c small and pocketable for when out on the sesh all day. 

1 hour ago, ceetee said:

She's a beaut. I have what seems to be an unhealthy obsession with having power banks to cover all situations. Still looking for something usb-c small and pocketable for when out on the sesh all day. 

If EE do their power bar exchange thing this year, then that'd meet the criteria exactly.

Really helped in 2017 when I took my 6 year old phone with a battery that by that point lasted about half a day.

56 minutes ago, incident said:

Really helped in 2017 when I took my 6 year old phone with a battery that by that point lasted about half a day.

I’ve just sent off an old phone off for a battery replacement. Will be a good festival/holiday phone for a few years

3 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Tell  a lie.  its RidgeMonkey Vault C-Smart Wireless Power Pack 77850mAh (anglingdirect.co.uk)

I don't even fish but this is a monster

This is a lot for what you get. Its definitely cool and good if you use it, but you could get say 4 20000mAh ones for about half the price as this big one!

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is a lot for what you get. Its definitely cool and good if you use it, but you could get say 4 20000mAh ones for about half the price as this big one!

It is if you pay the RRP but nobody does that do they?

Think I paid about half the list price.  Its like buying a tent at the start of the festival  / camping season.  Buy a tent in October.  Buy your winter coat in July and shorts in January.  Done it for as long as I can remember and save a stack of cash.

• Upvote 1

Last night Booked a 2 person Bellepad at Sticklinch as back up - still not decided whether to buy a bigger tent ( rather than take 2 ) and to do our normal early start on Weds and attempt to camp in Kidney Mead as usual and do the long walk from east car parks. Have very recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in hip and am struggling with mobility and pain so when I saw there were available Sticklinch tents I thought it might be a better option with car park nearby and guaranteed tent spot and less stressful. Also flatter ground. But we aren’t sure it will feel the same as on site camping? Am a veteran and know the site well so know it would be different but unless I can get accessibility parking or something I am not sure I’d cope with the walk in. Have a few weeks to think about it anyway if I decide to cancel. 

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I think I'd have had a heart attach reading that "You're a Winner"!

2 of 20 second prizes is pretty decent with 2 entries … this competition always does me proud … shame it’s not the top one … but can’t complain too much 🙂 

3 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

About to put up a tent I took to the festival in 2009 and it hasn’t been out of the bag since. I’ve used 2 different tents since but need the biggest tent this year, it’s a Vango Orchy 600

Bit of mould in some places which has cleaned off. All of the zips had gone white and wouldn’t move, bit of force and wd40 and they are all fine now. Loads of Glasto mud and as soon as I rolled out the tent I could smell Glastonbury. Biggest issue is a hole the size of a 50p piece just above the sleeping area. I’ve looked at patches and there seems to be lots of options, anyway used any before they can recommend?

Just booked my train and coach, Wakefield > Bristol Train return, Bristol to Glastonbury Coach.

According to the official info there's a shuttle bus back to Temple Meads on Sun/Mon so will be getting that.

Insane how much it cost, but beats driving home monday.

How big of a rucksack should I be going for? I've always just used like a 30L one and I definitely need to just buy a proper one. 50 vs 70?

Edited by gfa

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

How big of a rucksack should I be going for? I've always just used like a 30L one and I definitely need to just buy a proper one. 50 vs 70?

How are you getting to the festival? Is it a bag that you need to get everything in as you’re coming by coach/train or will you have a car nearby to go back to? 

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

As a general rule, it's probably better to get a larger one rather than spend your money and find that you have too little space. It's also usually easier to carry everything in a rucksack rather than also using shoulder/carrier bags for anything extra. The major downside of having free space in your bag is, if you are going with other people, you might be asked to carry your group's excess stuff.

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How are you getting to the festival? Is it a bag that you need to get everything in as you’re coming by coach/train or will you have a car nearby to go back to? 

Coach but we have people driving some stuff up too.

https://www.blacks.co.uk/15989081/eurohike-nepal-65-rucksack-15989081

This one looks good i reckon, comes to £21+shipping with 15% off code TREAT15. I need it quite big as i'm going interrailing in august too

I was using a 65L for quite a few years. Usually travelled down by coach. It wasn’t quite big enough to take everything I need so always had to have bags in my hands for the things that don’t fit. It was usually my airbed that had to be sacrificed.

I’ve just upgraded to the 85L version of the bag you listed. Obviously bigger volume means more potential weight. I’m a tall guy so can handle a large bag without being over balanced so that’s also something to consider.

My tent will still have to be strapped to the bottom of the bag which will also be something to consider if you’re taking it abroad. It’s a lot easier flying if everything fits in a single bag. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was using a 65L for quite a few years. Usually travelled down by coach. It wasn’t quite big enough to take everything I need so always had to have bags in my hands for the things that don’t fit. It was usually my airbed that had to be sacrificed.

I’ve just upgraded to the 85L version of the bag you listed. Obviously bigger volume means more potential weight. I’m a tall guy so can handle a large bag without being over balanced so that’s also something to consider.

My tent will still have to be strapped to the bottom of the bag which will also be something to consider if you’re taking it abroad. It’s a lot easier flying if everything fits in a single bag. 

That final part is a good point, I went with the 65L - should be good I reckon!