What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

On 4/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, squirrelarmy said:

I wonder how many of us are team F&B now. Will the fields be full of white tents

At Lost Village we were a group of 4 F&B's which caused slight confusion with another group about 10m away who were also 4 F&B's. 

It's going to look like Worthy View in the main site soon!  

Had a run through last night in the back garden with tent and tested the camp bed. I quickly realised at 2:30am in the morning that a camp bed isn’t for me and wondered back into my own bed (tail well and truly between my legs - wife with the “told you so” look). 

I see that blow up beds/camping mats are also popular. Has anyone got any of the above and could direct me to something that is decent/light/easy to carry (coach ticket from Edinburgh)?

2 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Had a run through last night in the back garden with tent and tested the camp bed. I quickly realised at 2:30am in the morning that a camp bed isn’t for me and wondered back into my own bed (tail well and truly between my legs - wife with the “told you so” look). 

I see that blow up beds/camping mats are also popular. Has anyone got any of the above and could direct me to something that is decent/light/easy to carry (coach ticket from Edinburgh)?

I was surprised to find (when ours sprung a leak) that you can buy inflatable matresses from the camp shop near avalon for £20. That would save you carrying it on the way there.

For more lightweight options try www.alpkit.com

3 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

decent/light

Pick one. If you want a decent nights sleep you’re going to have to take the weight penalty. 

It is possible to take one on the coach, carrying it in your bag helps with weight distribution but you’ll probably have to sacrifice excess beer/clothes. 

8 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/compact-inflating-mat-p23951.aspx/blue/

I used to lug a proper blow up matress which used to take up most of my bag space, not ideal for the coach… invested in the above and seems decent, folds up ridiculously small, not luxury but should do a job

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Bit tricky packing the hoover for the return trip though and I don’t remember seeing any 240v sockets the last time I was down on the farm. 

you’ve always got more space on the way home because you’ve drunk all your booze 🙂 (and the gaffer tip still applies)

31 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

I got a Klymit Insulated Static V blow up sleeping pad for the last festival, and found it great. Packs up really small as well.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YP8TFJB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_T6WAKXMCB7C2JDNB7PZH?psc=1

40 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

I got a Berghaus single 10cm mat recently, it's really comfy and smaller/lighter than my previous self inflating mattress. I'll be taking it on the coach but not sure what I'll need to leave behind yet, maybe I'll have less warm beer to drink. 

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979402/berghaus-single-self-inflating-mat-15979402

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Pick one. If you want a decent nights sleep you’re going to have to take the weight penalty. 

It is possible to take one on the coach, carrying it in your bag helps with weight distribution but you’ll probably have to sacrifice excess beer/clothes. 

I’m sorry, is anyone a translator? I don’t understand what “excess beer” means.