What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Have completed my charge test of recently purchased Anker PowercCore Essential 20,000 PD charger. On my Pixel 6, results were as follows:

Pixel 40% - charged to full: Anker remains "100%"

17% - full: Anker at 75% (went down to 50 as soon as I plugged in the next night)

20% - full: Anker at 25%

Plugged in for night 4 at 23% but Anker ran out of juice. Wake up with Pixel at 17%.

All in all, pretty much as expected. Now I have to find my other powerbank and see if that can even manage one or two - though I doubt it on the Pixel - and then invest in another Anker.

52 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Have completed my charge test of recently purchased Anker PowercCore Essential 20,000 PD charger. On my Pixel 6, results were as follows:

17% - full: Anker at 75% (went down to 50 as soon as I plugged in the next night)

Plugged in for night 4 at 23% but Anker ran out of juice. Wake up with Pixel at 17%.

All in all, pretty much as expected. Now I have to find my other powerbank and see if that can even manage one or two - though I doubt it on the Pixel - and then invest in another Anker.

Thanks for this, I've got the same phone so just reminded me to test out my older powerbanks

Just now, al_coholic said:

Gonna check this will work with my day pack now. Will save me buying a hook as well. Thanks

If it's got a strap of any kind, you're generally good to go! Those hooks are pretty high so the risk of stuff trailing on the floor is minimal

4 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Remember at the festival you will have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and App notifications all turned off so will make a massive difference. Also when charging put it in aeroplane mode. I’d be very surprised if anyone needs more than 1 20,000k pack.

1 hour ago, MaseTMT said:

Remember at the festival you will have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and App notifications all turned off so will make a massive difference. Also when charging put it in aeroplane mode. I’d be very surprised if anyone needs more than 1 20,000k pack.

Very good point. I was going to do a second test over next week, trying to imitate "festival conditions" - those settings off, taking a number of photos - and see where that leaves the battery. Definitely can't see it falling to 25% each day, so you're right - the Anker will probably go a lot further. But I am a "prepare for the worst" type person!

On 3/25/2022 at 3:54 AM, MetaKate said:

I bought a new pair of wellies last week  spent a few hours wearing them around the house to test out walkability. I think im gunna take em back and risk it with my leather waterproof walking boots and my waterproof sneakers. 

Sent you a dm.

Admittedly not for Glastonbury (unless you count it as training), have just finished packing for this weekends festival. Rums been decanted into a plastic bottle, herbs been stashed, playlists downloaded for after hours tent sessions.

Absolutely buzzing at the thought of being in a field tomorrow afternoon, cracking that first can open and a weekend of live music ahead.

Festival season is back! 🤘🎸🎪🍺☀️

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Admittedly not for Glastonbury (unless you count it as training), have just finished packing for this weekends festival. Rums been decanted into a plastic bottle, herbs been stashed, playlists downloaded for after hours tent sessions.

Absolutely buzzing at the thought of being in a field tomorrow afternoon, cracking that first can open and a weekend of live music ahead.

Festival season is back! 🤘🎸🎪🍺☀️

Where are you heading to?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Where are you heading to?

Teddy Rocks in Dorset

First time visiting, only a small shindig, mostly rock and punk lineup and not many 'names' but Eagles of Death Metal are headlining and I'll take any excuse to get loose in a field for 3 days right now... also it's raising money to fight child cancer so what's not to like.

Tent. Cider. Live music. It's the holy trinity we all worship.

• Upvote 1

Bought and now consuming Henry Weston Vintage. Like a kind of long range warm up.

Sorted the pet sitters.

Listened to stuff I don’t know. Liking Gabriels, Beabadoobee and Mysterines.

Spent/wasted 2 hrs on here for the first time in yonks. Missed you lot, I really did. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1