What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a lot easier flying if everything fits in a single bag. 

The Osprey “airporter” (or much cheaper Decathlon version) helps solve this issue. Its a lighweight bag that you just slip over your rucksack when you get to baggage drop off.

It also usually saves you getting sent to oversize baggage with your rucksack as there are no straps hanging off.

41 minutes ago, gfa said:

That final part is a good point, I went with the 65L - should be good I reckon!

I always have a 65l bag, plus a rucksack. I usually have stuff (like alcohol) in the car too (but I'm coach this time). 2019 I managed to carry everything in in one go though, so going for that again. I don't take beer/crates though, just spirits. 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I always have a 65l bag, plus a rucksack. I usually have stuff (like alcohol) in the car too (but I'm coach this time). 2019 I managed to carry everything in in one go though, so going for that again. I don't take beer/crates though, just spirits. 

That sounds like I should be perfect then! I have a big backpack too that I can bring as well (25L ish). We've got a car driving up so crates is a non-issue 🙂 

Just now, gfa said:

That sounds like I should be perfect then! I have a big backpack too that I can bring as well (25L ish). We've got a car driving up so crates is a non-issue 🙂 

You'll be fine then. Just take what you need into the queue (if you're going at a busy time - otherwise it'll be stop/start with all your stuff) and then go back for the other things a few hours later when it's settled. Just remember it's a fair walk to those car parks! 

I’ve just loaded up my 85L bag to see how it feels with a full load of; tent, airbed, sleeping bag and two crates of cider. 

There’s still room for some clothes and possibly a couple of bottles of spirits. 

If you’re going by coach and going to be carrying your beer in your bag make sure its in a well sealed plastic bag as well as being surrounded by clothes for padding. The last thing you want is a beer can or two splitting due to the bag being badly handled on the coach. 

Weight balance is also a factor. Try and have an even spread. 

20k walk in 3 hours 28 minutes, undulating terrain. Trying to get to the point where distances don’t leave me fubar at the end of the day.

I do laps on paths in my local wood, did 4 laps at my 4 laps pace, then decided to do an extra 2, I was almost crawling on the last lap. Came home and ate everything in the fridge. Turns out burning over 2000 calories in an afternoon makes you hungry.

Received a family members hand me down tent and had it set up in the front garden yesterday. Glad I did as a few pegs are missing so ordered new ones! Also had a lie down on the camp bed I got for my birthday.
The “things I need for Glastonbury” list is slowly but surely being ticked off. Getting very real now! 

Edited by RatingsAndMoney

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s perfect, even the occasional perfectly timed cloud as well. I remember being at Car Cox’s house and disco set at the Glade in 2019 and the everyone cheered when the tiniest cloud blocked the sun for about 2 minutes.

Me and my friends were at that and one by one they all had to leave to find shade and relief from the heat somewhere outside. That set always springs to my mind as the peak of the sheer punishing heat of that year. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Me and my friends were at that and one by one they all had to leave to find shade and relief from the heat somewhere outside. That set always springs to my mind as the peak of the sheer punishing heat of that year. 

We were outside on the outskirts but it was still brutal. We took it in turns to get a cold pint to cool us down from the nearest bar and that was absolutely unbearable queuing to get one. This is why I have advocated for a separate beer/cider only queue in bars, because I almost died waiting 30 minutes to get served, only to be handed some pre-poured pints. I had to take my T-shirt off once I got back out as it was drenched. But yeah, that period was definitely peak heat for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i drunk four pints to find out if my fried brain can handle four pints, it can but i'm good for nuthin.

Not All Heroes Wear Capes, some wear efests t shirts.

Do you think after 4 pints you can still drive a scooter? 

21 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

I sunned myself a bit today. Conditioning for the scorching Glasto heatwave coming in June 👍👍👍

We did the same, in Jersey on holiday and sat on the beach, headphones on listening to bands  that are already confirmed on the main poster and the Avalon poster. Already too many I want to see!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Not All Heroes Wear Capes, some wear efests t shirts.

Do you think after 4 pints you can still drive a scooter? 

Yeah, got home without crashing 

51 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That sounds like an excellent practice run

I don't need to be drunk to crash a scooter crashed one on corn Street sober, and broke my elbow 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

I don't need to be drunk to crash a scooter crashed one on corn Street sober, and broke my elbow 

Ah I remember the injury, didn't realise where it was or that you were sober. That was when I scanned 106 of your posts when I'd read of you being in the wars, so I could see what you'd been up to 😊

10 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ah I remember the injury, didn't realise where it was or that you were sober. That was when I scanned 106 of your posts when I'd read of you being in the wars, so I could see what you'd been up to 😊

yeah, i was sober, but stupidly reckless.