What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

i tried getting in my campervan and getting myself onto the bed properly (good enough for sleeping) and into the passenger seat thru the passenger door, both difficult with my limited mobility, but i did it.:)

Edited by Neil

Just put my trusty old Eurohike 265TS 3 person tent up to check her over. Went up very easy as always. A few nicks on the pole runs but nothing for me to worry about. All clean inside and I had forgotten how big the porch area is. It's like a separate room. I did have my eye on a Fresh and Black with porch but life is getting expensive and I've never had sleep/leak issues with my Eurohike (which has seen all the different types of weather Glastonbury can experience). Very pleased. All packed away now, ready for the festival 🏕️🙂

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i tried getting in my campervan and getting myself onto the bed properly (good enough for sleeping) and into the passenger seat thru the passenger door, both difficult with my limited mobility, but i did it.:)

+1 upvote 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s perfect, even the occasional perfectly timed cloud as well. I remember being at Car Cox’s house and disco set at the Glade in 2019 and the everyone cheered when the tiniest cloud blocked the sun for about 2 minutes.

Wasn't at that, but was at Craig Charles in Shangri-la on Friday afternoon, which felt like being in an oven, especially as it's a south facing stage

7 minutes ago, waltere said:

Wasn't at that, but was at Craig Charles in Shangri-la on Friday afternoon, which felt like being in an oven, especially as it's a south facing stage

Was at both and the Craig Charles seemed hotter to me, but I was in the shade for Carl Cox

34 minutes ago, waltere said:

Yes I was at that, after Smoove and Turrell on the same stage, and by the end felt quite ill.  Ended up going back to my tent early as I had a banging headache.  I think if it's that hot again this year, I'm going to have to change my behaviour to take some time out of the heat of the day.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Great news! They're awkward moves in the lithest of times. Confident a bit of festival spirit will spur you on even more come June. 

I bought a reduced Rumpl blanket that I have been eyeing up for months because I absolutely need it as a priority, and am just making a playlist of announced bands ready for some clashfinder times in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Done a few little jobs on my van - snagging and decor really.

We did the conversation ourselves but they’re a never-ending project really (in a good way)

Ours was converted for us but by now I think I've replaced everything and redone it all! Repainted our chalkboard bonnet and boot this weekend. Did a deep clean and washed all the fabrics. Going through the van tomorrow looking for any internal jobs, and touch wood (well MDF) that bit will be ready!. 

Edited by irnkrtn

2 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

First walk in new boots, painful.

I've put about 20 miles in my new boots and new trek trainer's ... Feel good but also bought a couple of packs of compeed just incase. New wellies are correct size but still move about around my heel so need something sorting there 🤔

Edited by gazzared
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

Set up a Notion area so we can start planning our trip. Tickets are paid up, flights are booked, now the fun part of actually mentally accepting it's happening this time.

omg please send a screenshot - am literally sat here setting up our notion when i read this during a break. The only thing more fun than a festival is planning for it...