What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Just now, gigpusher said:

Took the plunge and bought some new walking boots at the weekend and have been wearing them for dog walks since. So far so good. 

Good shout. I'm going to check my old ones this week and see if I need to get a new pair sorted. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I think all batteries work better if they are in use.  I left an old car on my mum's drive for a few months and then the battery was ruined even after being charged.  If it had been used daily, I don't think that would have happened.  

Aye, that's lead acid though in the car, which are terrible for that. 

Here's what anker say in manuals for their older power banks "To preserve battery lifespan, use and recharge at least once every 4 months." 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Its all good - Anker look to be sending me a new one! I try and hardly use them but seems maybe using them a bit more might be better.

Well done for following up, they often cost a bit more but good to know the service is decent

On 4/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, gfa said:

I haven't used my portable charger since Reading last year and its basically holding no charge now. What's the best way to keep it going - cycle it every month or so right?

Charge up and then discharge.. if you do that once a month or so it usually keeps battery optimal. 

Amazingly both my banks seem 'ok' even thou not used since 2019 and one of them is probably from 2013/2014 

On 3/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, deepkittycaz said:

FFS, it's going back - they sent me a slashed tent!

I chased up my replacement tent from Decathlon yesterday, as they've had the one I returned for a week now, and I haven't heard anything.

Finally sending out a replacement so hopefully getting that by the weekend. Not impressed that's it's taking me prodding them to get that sorted.

Starting to think about keeping cool during the sun-up-sleep-time. Poundland seem to have stopped doing the emergency shelters. Has anyone got any other genius solutions for preventing slow-cooked human?

Or is some duct tape and space blanket combo in my Blue Peter inspired future?

(happy to spend money on something decent)

1 minute ago, Beaver89 said:

Starting to think about keeping cool during the sun-up-sleep-time. Poundland seem to have stopped doing the emergency shelters. Has anyone got any other genius solutions for preventing slow-cooked human?

Fresh and black is the obvious answer … failing that space blankets and clothes pegs 

4 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Fresh and black tent. 

fresh and black. Honestly, an absolute gamechanger. I had one in 2019 and was working, so even when doing a nightshift and getting to bed at 6.30am when the sun was just hitting the top of the tent, i could disappear into a cool tent and didnt even wake up til midday. in a normal tent i'd have boiled for half an hour, and then sworn copiously and given up before collapsing in the greenfields desperate for shade . . . the one with the pump-up poles is laughably easy to put up as well, its by a distance the best tent i've ever had. genius 

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Fresh and black tent. 

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

fresh and black. Honestly, an absolute gamechanger. I had one in 2019 and was working, so even when doing a nightshift and getting to bed at 6.30am when the sun was just hitting the top of the tent, i could disappear into a cool tent and didnt even wake up til midday. in a normal tent i'd have boiled for half an hour, and then sworn copiously and given up before collapsing in the greenfields desperate for shade . . . the one with the pump-up poles is laughably easy to put up as well, its by a distance the best tent i've ever had. genius 

Thanks both. If our tent has suffered a terminal failure while it has been in storage will definitely go for one of these.

Are you aware if they do a fly sheet version I could put over our current tent?

3 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

First Glastonbury Garment turned up today in the form of this little beauty! Got the record with it as well but this will be the first thing i pack- given me that ‘it’s really happening’ moment 

C0D9B4FC-BE0A-4D0B-93BC-C91F0A0C544D.jpeg

Nice. But are you ready for everyone to be shouting 'put your hands up!' at you all day long?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Thanks both. If our tent has suffered a terminal failure while it has been in storage will definitely go for one of these.

I found this. Should do the job, right?

Just don't want too much extra weight for going in. That said the short term pain to actually get some sleep will be worth it.

I don't like me when I'm tired!

49 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I bought mine after the 2019 Glastonbury festival...wish I'd had it for that one as I worked too and was getting 2 hrs sleep a night after a late shift. 😞 

.....had it for Truck and BoomTown festival later that summer then for Beautiful Days last year.  Will never go back to a normal tent again.

18 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

I found this. Should do the job, right?

Just don't want too much extra weight for going in. That said the short term pain to actually get some sleep will be worth it.

I don't like me when I'm tired!

Don't waste your time with that, just buy a fresh and black tent.

Decathlon | Sports Shoes, Sports Gear & Sports Equipment

4 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I hear that. Would definitely need them broken in, so-to-speak. I'm sure the old ones are OK but you never know! 

I use mine all year round for dog walking. The old ones have been around for about 6 years and still comfy as but just not as waterproof as they once were. The new ones seem very comfy out of the box so that's good news but still need a few more walks over bumpy terrain. 

• Like 1

I bought some boots! I've never been a walking boots man but have come to the idea that if only lightly muddy I can get away with no wellies. Of course if rain is forecast then I'll bring some too.

I got some light weight inov 8 boots which as I love this brand from lots of trail running over the years.

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

Honestly, it's more than worth the upgrade from any regular tent regardless of your current condition.