What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

11 hours ago, alanr said:

If you need to get a new UK driving licence get your application in quickly. I had to renew mine last year and it took 6 months. ( not a standard renewal, as I have a 3year licence due to glaucoma ) 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update

Thanks fella - but I found it last night! For a while yesterday afternoon I thought it had maybe bounced out of my pocket at James/Happy Mondays in Dublin last December (haven't had to look for it since), but it turned up, er, in my car. That's one less thing to worry about. 

Not for 2022, but 2023 - signed up to volunteer at Shambala, should give me priority for steward applications next year along with my Glasto stewarding this year 😀

• Upvote 1

Just now, EMorgz92 said:

Not for 2022, but 2023 - signed up to volunteer at Shambala, should give me priority for steward applications next year along with my Glasto stewarding this year 😀

It's a good choice. Lovely festival generally, and for my taste the best one to volunteer at - assuming they use the 2019 and prior layout, Oxfam are for some reason given by far the nicest and most spacious camping field on site (like, it's not even close). It also helps that all of the shifts tend to be inside the festival (campsites, venues, etc), so even when you're on shift you rarely feel like you're stuck away from everything.

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cheers I’ve had 6 weeks of it and hoped it would go away as it had previously…  good to know it should work rather than chucking money away

You just reminded me I needed to book an appointment for a very similar thing. I thought I had plantar fasciitis but turns out I just have "abnormally high arches" 😄 

Not sure if you've got anywhere but I'm going to see these next Saturday in Bath, happy to let you know what they're like? https://www.footbalanceuk.com/

Just now, DareToDibble said:

You just reminded me I needed to book an appointment for a very similar thing. I thought I had plantar fasciitis but turns out I just have "abnormally high arches" 😄 

Not sure if you've got anywhere but I'm going to see these next Saturday in Bath, happy to let you know what they're like? https://www.footbalanceuk.com/

I’m seeing mine next sat in Taunton 🙂 

32 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I started digging out and charging my portable chargers yesterday, mainly to make sure they still hold charge as they've been away in the cupboard for about 3 years! So far so good.

an essential activity.

1 hour ago, EMorgz92 said:

I have done the exact same!

9 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Booked hotels in Bristol either side of the festival - its good to be nice to yourself.

We've done that too, out of necessity rather than comfort - easyJet were looking £808 for return flights Wednesday - Monday. Will be nice to have that extra recovery time, and won't be the usual mad scramble from the airport as we didn't get Coach Tickets this time. 

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Love doing that. Nice shower and a big bowl of pasta with a bottle of red. 

For the Monday the only criteria was that the hotel had a pool/jacuzzi, etc. 👌

44 minutes ago, rubick said:

We've done that too, out of necessity rather than comfort - easyJet were looking £808 for return flights Wednesday - Monday. Will be nice to have that extra recovery time, and won't be the usual mad scramble from the airport as we didn't get Coach Tickets this time. 

"The usual mad scramble" - this is it. We sail across Dublin to Holyhead on the Monday, giving ourselves Tuesday in Bristol to pick up supplies, then head to the festival earlier Wednesday morning, avoiding the traffic. On Monday, not having the stress of catching a flight or otherwise is worth its weight in gold. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I started digging out and charging my portable chargers yesterday, mainly to make sure they still hold charge as they've been away in the cupboard for about 3 years! So far so good.

I talked about doing that exact same task today. They are up in the loft so probably a job for the weekend. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Testing mine out 

A72DE4DF-538E-4B8B-A174-E3D11CD79BD7.jpeg

Hope it's a successful test. We have one of our anker chargers that we keep for if we are ever out all day but it's time for the Glastonbury box to come out of the loft and the list making of things we need to start. 

Just need some stage line ups so I can hone my listening. I am fearing for a lot of clashes this year!!

I have somehow ended up with 2 of the big chargers that hold about 4/5 charges. Don't remember buying the second one but there we are! I've also got 2 of the EE ones as well as aout 4 or 5 other 1 charge ones. Slightly overkill, no wonder my backpack always weighs so much.

22 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I have somehow ended up with 2 of the big chargers that hold about 4/5 charges. Don't remember buying the second one but there we are! I've also got 2 of the EE ones as well as aout 4 or 5 other 1 charge ones. Slightly overkill, no wonder my backpack always weighs so much.

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hope it's a successful test. We have one of our anker chargers that we keep for if we are ever out all day but it's time for the Glastonbury box to come out of the loft and the list making of things we need to start. 

Just need some stage line ups so I can hone my listening. I am fearing for a lot of clashes this year!!

We have an ANker that will do 4/5 full charges. Last festival that sufficed for keeping two iphones charged for the duration, with a little supplementary charging in the staff area of the restaurant we worked in and a little careful battery management. This time around we will be in the van so both can be fully charged overnight every night and we can use the Anker just for a top up if needed of an evening. 

I might charge the Anker overnight too so I can offer people we meet an extra little charge, which happened once or twice last time around. I spent half an hour chatting to a girl in Maceos while she charged her phone so she could call her boyfriend.

• Upvote 1

We've booked the hotels. We were planning trying to catch a Monday late flight but we decided to stay that night in London, have a decent shower and talk about the festival feelings and watch some videos with a pint that night!

We are 4 and it is the first time for all of us so it is incredibly exciting. Expectations are high, I hope it doesn't dissapoint!

Edited by AlexOvd