What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Well, having secured tickets in the resale we went straight to EasyJet to book the usual Wednesday 8.30am-ish flight, with Monday afternoon return. 

£808.

You can get to America for that ffs.

So, we've opted to fly out on the Tuesday, stay overnight in Bristol on both the Tuesday and Monday nights. Can't remember the Tuesday time but it's in the afternoon anyway. Just need to get dropped off by taxi at WV, only thing left to organise. We've bought a WV Car Parking Pass so hopefully that allows a taxi through the checkpoints.

Is that for 2 people?!

3 minutes ago, rubick said:

Well, having secured tickets in the resale we went straight to EasyJet to book the usual Wednesday 8.30am-ish flight, with Monday afternoon return. 

£808.

You can get to America for that ffs.

So, we've opted to fly out on the Tuesday, stay overnight in Bristol on both the Tuesday and Monday nights. Can't remember the Tuesday time but it's in the afternoon anyway. Just need to get dropped off by taxi at WV, only thing left to organise. We've bought a WV Car Parking Pass so hopefully that allows a taxi through the checkpoints.

Try London airports maybe? Shouldn’t be too much to get the train from bristol

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Is that for 2 people?!

Yeah, absolutely ripping the bag out of it.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Try London airports maybe? Shouldn’t be too much to get the train from bristol

We're all sorted, but cheers for the suggestion! Could be an option in future. 

I had a look at the 3 man poled black out tent but I was a bit put off by the lack of a porch.  And it seems the ones on ebay at the moment are few and far between and not cheap. 

DAMMIT - I have about 10 different tents already.  I do not need another one.  Why have you all got me looking at tents?

34 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I had a look at the 3 man poled black out tent but I was a bit put off by the lack of a porch.  And it seems the ones on ebay at the moment are few and far between and not cheap. 

DAMMIT - I have about 10 different tents already.  I do not need another one.  Why have you all got me looking at tents?

Just to add more factors for you to wrestle over....  I've got a 3-man poled Fresh&Black job called a "quick hiker 3."  (I can't find any on sale so it looks like they don't sell that particular model any more.)  The reason I picked that one, apart from the Fresh&Black material is because it's got two opposite doors, which means you can have a through-flow of air.  This makes a huge difference.  I was banging on about reflective/dark tents on here back in 2005, long before Fresh&Black was a thing.  The tent I had back then was absolutely superb - way better than Fresh&Black - but I haven't found them for sale outside Australia since.  And one of the main things that made it so much better than any of the alternatives was having two doors.

But no, none of these tents have porches - just little vestibule areas between each outer and inner door.

11 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Just to add more factors for you to wrestle over....  I've got a 3-man poled Fresh&Black job called a "quick hiker 3."  (I can't find any on sale so it looks like they don't sell that particular model any more.)  The reason I picked that one, apart from the Fresh&Black material is because it's got two opposite doors, which means you can have a through-flow of air.  This makes a huge difference.  I was banging on about reflective/dark tents on here back in 2005, long before Fresh&Black was a thing.  The tent I had back then was absolutely superb - way better than Fresh&Black - but I haven't found them for sale outside Australia since.  And one of the main things that made it so much better than any of the alternatives was having two doors.

But no, none of these tents have porches - just little vestibule areas between each outer and inner door.

I think i have that one too - was great when my mate threw up in our tent at Boardmasters last year, absolute tool😂. The airflow is good gets rid of the sweat too

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

What's the controversy around Decathlon?

Also they are shameless infringers of IR. A friend is an inventor / product developer and Decathlon simply copied his product and undersold him. Amazon didn’t give a fuck either and still stocked it.

2 hours ago, jimmillen said:

This one has a porch… think it’s a new model? 

I also have several tents already and should not be looking at new ones… but cool and darkness is sorely tempting. 

I have a couple of tents, a camper van, and a camper pass for CV East this time round, but I’m still looking at F&B tents and want to buy one. What’s wrong with us? 

3 hours ago, jimmillen said:

This one has a porch… think it’s a new model? 

I also have several tents already and should not be looking at new ones… but cool and darkness is sorely tempting. 

59 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I have a couple of tents, a camper van, and a camper pass for CV East this time round, but I’m still looking at F&B tents and want to buy one. What’s wrong with us? 

It's like the n+1 formula for bikes, only it's tents. 

n+2?

5 hours ago, rubick said:

I have just within the last hour realised that I can't find my driving licence, which I'll be using as ID to fly from Belfast - Bristol for Glastonbury as I don't have a passport. Better finding that out now than in June. In related news, I have begun the application process for an Irish passport. 

If you need to get a new UK driving licence get your application in quickly. I had to renew mine last year and it took 6 months. ( not a standard renewal, as I have a 3year licence due to glaucoma ) 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update

6 hours ago, rubick said:

I have just within the last hour realised that I can't find my driving licence, which I'll be using as ID to fly from Belfast - Bristol for Glastonbury as I don't have a passport. Better finding that out now than in June. In related news, I have begun the application process for an Irish passport. 

Had this a nightmare at the start of the year needed to get to Ireland passport expired, can fly with air lingus with driving licence(not Ryan air) but couldn’t go as you needed a passport number for the passenger locator form. 

£170 light I had to go to Liverpool for a new one 2 days later. 

6 hours ago, rubick said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update

current wait times

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

booked to see a podiatrist to have my gait examined and see if they can sort my plantar fasciitis ... might be able to walk at the festival without having foot pain .... they are will make me up some insoles which will hopefully help 

Scholls shop podiatrist 15 years ago solved my Plantar Fasciitis/heel pain in one consultation. Used to be in agony especially first thing in the morning.  Insoles were uncomfortable for a week or so but the pain just went away.  I moved on to using orthoheels insoles. They basically realign the way you walk. Well worth getting  the professionals to help rather than try and self diagnose. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Scholls shop podiatrist 15 years ago solved my Plantar Fasciitis/heel pain in one consultation. Used to be in agony especially first thing in the morning.  Insoles were uncomfortable for a week or so but the pain just went away.  I moved on to using orthoheels insoles. They basically realign the way you walk. Well worth getting  the professionals to help rather than try and self diagnose. 

Cheers I’ve had 6 weeks of it and hoped it would go away as it had previously…  good to know it should work rather than chucking money away