What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

17 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Booked flights!

£250 return from Belfast to Bristol - dear enough! Got stung on the cost of the flight home on the Monday evening.

I must check the 2019 prices, although we booked much earlier in the year for that. Think ours were around that for Tuesday - Tuesday. Did you have a festival ticket already, or did you get in on the resale? 

17 minutes ago, rubick said:

I must check the 2019 prices, although we booked much earlier in the year for that. Think ours were around that for Tuesday - Tuesday. Did you have a festival ticket already, or did you get in on the resale? 

Got one in the resale or else I would have booked it a long time ago!

Our flight out on Tuesday evening is fairly cheap at least. The above includes 23kg of luggage there and back too, so that adds up. 

38 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Can any of you good people recommend a decent lightweight self inflating single mattress?

Ta

Prob have more luck in here https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/173900-the-camping-essentials-ive-found-a-bargain-which-you-all-need-to-know-about-thread/page/149/#comments

There were a couple mentioned recently. 

Just now, northernringo said:

Got one in the resale or else I would have booked it a long time ago!

Our flight out on Tuesday evening is fairly cheap at least. The above includes 23kg of luggage there and back too, so that adds up. 

Ah, lethal man - same as us! Been a miserable couple of ticketless years, eh? I mean we even went and booked Beyond the Pale, that new festival in Wicklow for this June thinking we hadn't a mission in the resale. So we've four festivals this year now 😂

Just now, rubick said:

Ah, lethal man - same as us! Been a miserable couple of ticketless years, eh? I mean we even went and booked Beyond the Pale, that new festival in Wicklow for this June thinking we hadn't a mission in the resale. So we've four festivals this year now 😂

Ah nice one! Hadn't heard of the Beyond the Pale one - must check it out.

The 4 of us going are losing our festival virginity with Glasto this year (excluding a small time festival local to us years ago called Pig Stock). May as well start with the ultimate festival!

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

Ah nice one! Hadn't heard of the Beyond the Pale one - must check it out.

The 4 of us going are losing our festival virginity with Glasto this year (excluding a small time festival local to us years ago called Pig Stock). May as well start with the ultimate festival!

I remember Pigstock, it was actually quite close to where I'm originally from in Down. Beyond the Pale looks decent, it's in a country park with a 5,000 capacity. Seems to be the way of it, Body & Soul have downsized to that number as well. 

10 minutes ago, rubick said:

I remember Pigstock, it was actually quite close to where I'm originally from in Down. Beyond the Pale looks decent, it's in a country park with a 5,000 capacity. Seems to be the way of it, Body & Soul have downsized to that number as well. 

We must be from a similar area - I live 10 minutes from Pig Stock!

New pair of boots ordered. Old ones are pretty battered, although still v comfy.
I’m thinking they’re at least 13 years old, so probably not so waterproof any more…time for a fresh set.

Threw in a couple of pairs of those 1000mile socks whilst I was at it . Hadn’t heard of them until someone mentioned on the forum.

5 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Can any of you good people recommend a decent lightweight self inflating single mattress?

Ta

Got a couple of exped ultra light down mats a few years back. Not exactly self inflating (you use a bag thing to inflate it, takes about 2-3mins tops, next to no effort). They’re really comfy, albeit a bit easy to slide off it when you’re in a sleeping bag - so we put both inside a quilt cover to avoid sliding off in the night.

Sun's out and I'm finally Covid negative(!) so I took the tent down out the loft and cracked a bottle of Thatchers Katy to get in the spirit. 

More of a beer drinker these days but Glasto has a way of tempting me back on the cider.