What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

6 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Just booked my coach ticket 🥳

Departing at 0330am from Victoria Coach station on the Wednesday 😅

What time does that get in? Curious as mine's at 6 but never saw an ETA

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

What time does that get in? Curious as mine's at 6 but never saw an ETA

It really depends. The drivers have to take breaks every so often, so you could be 30 minutes drive away but they have to take a 30-40 minute break. We got the coach from Manchester last time, and our driver got lost trying to get into the site, which probably added 30 mins on. They had to get a regular punter on the coach to help with directions, who sort of knew the way.

It was a bit frustrating but the benefit is you don't have to wait in a huge queue once you arrive. There's a separate enterance for coach arrivals at Gate A so it didn't take long to actually get into the site once we were there.

10 minutes ago, Miyn said:

It really depends. The drivers have to take breaks every so often, so you could be 30 minutes drive away but they have to take a 30-40 minute break. We got the coach from Manchester last time, and our driver got lost trying to get into the site, which probably added 30 mins on. They had to get a regular punter on the coach to help with directions, who sort of knew the way.

It was a bit frustrating but the benefit is you don't have to wait in a huge queue once you arrive. There's a separate enterance for coach arrivals at Gate A so it didn't take long to actually get into the site once we were there.

Just out of curiosity is Gate A only for coaches? We always camp right near Gate A but got the coach every time so far. 

3 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Just out of curiosity is Gate A only for coaches? We always camp right near Gate A but got the coach every time so far. 

No you can enter through gate A from the car parks if you come in from the West

2 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

No it’s a mixture of car parks and coach traffic but the queues are at different points as they hit the gates … I think the coaches are prioritised to ensure as swift turnaround as possible 

26 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

7am! If you booked with National Express the ticket should have an arrival time

Thanks - looks like we'll be rocking up at around 10am based on that (6am but additional traffic)

25 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Cheers for the help

Just booked the ferry to get across the channel, avoiding France just in case the French come over all French and cause issues, and coming Hook of Holland-Harwich, it’s our preferred route now anyway, breaks up the journey nicely with a comfy bed and a mini bar.

On 2/15/2022 at 1:40 PM, Miyn said:

Our coach went the wrong way in 07, got to the end of the M4 and turned north to go up the M5 instead of south, took an amount of shouting to get him turned around.

Even more fitness, really starting to show now, not lost that much weight but I’m so much fitter than 4 months ago, did a 7k hike on Saturday, not that far and our pace was slow due to picking our way through fallen trees in a gorge but there’s a flight of steps dug into the slope at the end and after 7 k I ran up the whole flight of steps in one go, 4 months ago I probably would have needed a rest halfway  just walking up them.

Edited by Smeble
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, K2SO said:

My girlfriend has offered to buy my ticket as my birthday present this year. I had recently lost my job and I was worried that I might be missing out this year... Now she's come to save the day!

She's a keeper!!! Glad you're still able to go.

On 2/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, gfa said:

Thanks - looks like we'll be rocking up at around 10am based on that (6am but additional traffic)

Cheers for the help

I get that coach every year we are going for 5.30 this year, I think 10 is very ambitious if you are on the 7am, think you will be nearer 11, although by that time you won’t have much of any queue to get in. Also fyi National Express from Victoria just have a queue system they don’t bother checking which coach you are technically on so I’d suggest getting there for at least 6.30 if you are wanting to be on the road by 7. 

• Thanks 1

Set aside the money I need for tickets next week. Annoyingly, that includes the cost of my ex’s ticket as well (we were together when we paid the deposit and it was a 40th birthday present). We remain good friends and I said I’d honour the gift as she got me something special for my 40th, but I must say I’m paying with gritted teeth a bit. 

Just got to not spend this for a week. I’m a bit useless with money so that’s actually a challenge! 

Edited by kalifire