When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

"The vaccine certification plan, in which venues will be “supported and encouraged” by government to use the NHS app to check up on their customers, was the most concrete sign of a change of tack.

A review of Covid certification had been carried out by the Cabinet Office under Michael Gove, but ministers had concluded previously that the scheme would not be immediately necessary, and should be held in reserve for the autumn.

Instead, with only a week to go until mass events in England will be allowed to go ahead, and venues such as nightclubs can reopen, the prime minister’s official spokesman said the government would be in touch with businesses to encourage them to implement Covid checks at the door.

Javid suggested customers could either show that they have been double-vaccinated, or had a positive PCR test within the past six months – or could carry out a lateral flow test and show the email they received after reporting a negative result.

The events industry is likely to respond with exasperation at being given such short notice to implement the scheme. The PM’s spokesman stressed it was already “up and running” because it had been tried at a series of pilot events."

Can't see how events / festivals would see this as a total surprise approach and you'd think most would have considered that in their plans. The app would do most of the accreditation work for them and really its just the dealing with those who turn up without the requirements that they'll have to factor in I'd guess.

Some double vaccinated are getting symptomatic covid, negative lateral flow is self reported thing which requires no test being done. If complied with in sufficient numbers still a worthy mitigation, or just for show?

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anyone else just dreading the rest of this year now? This has had the opposite effect on me than I thought it would. an inevitable longer set of restrictions is all I can see in the future, and a repeat of this year next year around the booster jabs to get a summer 

With all due respect, it's really just a total waste of your time and energy trying to doom-hypothesise about what will happen in future. I know the past year has been exhausting and tiringly predictable but it's also just as exhausting going "I know exactly what's going to happen this autumn and it's bad" because it steals away the 'now' from you.

It might be fine and we might have an easy autumn, or it might not! – but these restrictions are lifting on the 19th and you should really try and enjoy the summer as best you can, and put it to the back of your mind like the vast majority of the country will be doing.

26 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If you imagine getting 20,000 into a gig or 100,000 into a festival etc and having to check both tickets and vaccine passports.   It ain't going to be fast if you do it properly.

So the reality is it won't be done properly.  More health theatre and its all so easy to scam.

But at the point whatever gets us going again.

On the NHS app the covid pass is a QR code so whoever is doing the checks can scan it at the same time as the tickets are scanned for validity.

The slow down would be in people not having the app but if you do ore event messaging right that won't be as big a problem.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's a trend for you to fully support the abuse from one side of this forum directed at the other but cry foul on the reserve.

The likes of kali c**t and nobody c**t is to mainly abuse the likes of me and others which you ignore.  But quick off the mark to cry foul the other way around.

And for you to ignore the issue … this thread has become a bin fire of abuse since u joined it … maybe stop blaming others for once … take a look at your own behaviour … everyone on here seems to be a liar apart from you when they talk of their own experience … but of course you aren’t … I might take what you see as a side yes can’t deny that  I tend to side with decent people that aren’t on a constant wind up … tell me Barry how many people have u managed to fish over the months … ?  Why else are u actually here with that username ? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's a trend for you to fully support the abuse from one side of this forum directed at the other but cry foul on the reserve.

The likes of kali c**t and nobody c**t posts is to mainly abuse the likes of me and others which you ignore.  But quick off the mark to cry foul the other way around.

LOLtastic.............................. so in response to posts that are not abusive but are simply light hearted you call people c**ts and complain about abuse towards you.

I know you find it hard to see a hypocrite but you might like to look a touch harder next time you are near a mirror.

If you can't take it young sir, then don't - as you spend most days doing - dish it out to others.

Love, Peace and Fishcakes

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think there has been any announcement on how any would integrate with as there ?

I don't think so but whatever system the test event used I think is what they'll want everyone to use. 

Not sure what the at code links to mind.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

No I call just you and kali c**ts.  You only post to abuse others.   Rarely to share something new covid related.

Oh bless - you seem to ignore any posts I make that are the sort you say I don't make - of which there are loads.

Flap along now fish boy. Plankton is stealing your patch.

Lmao

Decent people = the ones I agree with

In the end if your calling people who dish out abuse on a daily basis like kali etc then  you're exposing yourself as a hypocrite 

This friend was already a shit show before I start posting and I remember back when I made a few reasonable posts and go a shit load of mouth out of the likes of stevie calling me a c**t.  It's just I give as good as I take 

No Barry it wasn’t … quite simple … if it’s such a shit show maybe you should save yourself from posting in it … plenty of other opinions that have been posting all the way through in a reasoned and considered manner but lacking abuse so it’s actually broadened my knowledge and considered some things I hadn’t already … 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

It's a shit show because the side you like start the abuse flowing as they did today. 

No Barry … there’s plenty of other people on the other side ( as you put it ) that I’m more than happy to debate with as I have all the way through … abuse ? How many times have u called someone a c@@t ? How many people have u managed to piss off ? Bet u can’t answer because it’s too many to list ? Or won’t because it’s an absolute embarrassment 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Which one is the sock puppet and which one is the main account? Must be a right bugger having to log in and out or are you using two devices?  Apparently that's a thing!

You think I have more than one account? Is that your reply to anyone who hooks you so easily?

You would know anyway given you have those accounts you use to downvote people with.

8013877_orig.jpg

c**t I think just two people here

Pissed off quite a few.  But that's okay.  People don't like others having a different point of view.

Maybe in the last few pages .. have a read back  … I’ve got a very different point of view to you as you know it’s quite easy to debate without pissing people off … as I’m sure you are well aware … 

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't think so but whatever system the test event used I think is what they'll want everyone to use. 

Not sure what the at code links to mind.

That seems to be showing the text confirmation from the negative tests or the vaccine proof from the app. No scanning from what I hear

I don't think there is a system in place for the venue end 😬

Just now, Barry Fish said:

We can talk tomoz when kali or nobody suddenly appear in this thread during a reasonable conversation to call myself, Bob or fray something.

I'm sure you will be blind to it  😀

Do you not want to say I’ve got an alt account at some point too ?  At some point Barry people just get fed up with your shit … I’m not blind to a windup merchant … maybe Twitter is a better place for you ?