When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

c**t

LOLasm

Nice to see you reduced to your single word replies as you have nothing to say, nothing at all worth hearing.

Move on old chap, go back to your life, or even better get a life and enjoy it rather than having to make one up for the internet.

Can't wait for the next hilarious reply from you.

Love and Peace

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I wonder what places like the Odeon etc do off the back of this?

Do they just leave up to the responsibility of Joe public ? Ask for certification or cram everyone in with masks ?

That pretty much says implement it willingly or we'll make it mandatory 

"The vaccine certification plan, in which venues will be “supported and encouraged” by government to use the NHS app to check up on their customers, was the most concrete sign of a change of tack.

A review of Covid certification had been carried out by the Cabinet Office under Michael Gove, but ministers had concluded previously that the scheme would not be immediately necessary, and should be held in reserve for the autumn.

Instead, with only a week to go until mass events in England will be allowed to go ahead, and venues such as nightclubs can reopen, the prime minister’s official spokesman said the government would be in touch with businesses to encourage them to implement Covid checks at the door.

Javid suggested customers could either show that they have been double-vaccinated, or had a positive PCR test within the past six months – or could carry out a lateral flow test and show the email they received after reporting a negative result.

The events industry is likely to respond with exasperation at being given such short notice to implement the scheme. The PM’s spokesman stressed it was already “up and running” because it had been tried at a series of pilot events."

Can't see how events / festivals would see this as a total surprise approach and you'd think most would have considered that in their plans. The app would do most of the accreditation work for them and really its just the dealing with those who turn up without the requirements that they'll have to factor in I'd guess.

48 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'd be more comfortable going to an event if it were done this way but it wouldn't define my whole evening if they didn't 

I’m for it and I hope it happens. What I’ve noticed is that many countries are nervous to do it “first”.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

"The vaccine certification plan, in which venues will be “supported and encouraged” by government to use the NHS app to check up on their customers, was the most concrete sign of a change of tack.

A review of Covid certification had been carried out by the Cabinet Office under Michael Gove, but ministers had concluded previously that the scheme would not be immediately necessary, and should be held in reserve for the autumn.

Instead, with only a week to go until mass events in England will be allowed to go ahead, and venues such as nightclubs can reopen, the prime minister’s official spokesman said the government would be in touch with businesses to encourage them to implement Covid checks at the door.

Javid suggested customers could either show that they have been double-vaccinated, or had a positive PCR test within the past six months – or could carry out a lateral flow test and show the email they received after reporting a negative result.

The events industry is likely to respond with exasperation at being given such short notice to implement the scheme. The PM’s spokesman stressed it was already “up and running” because it had been tried at a series of pilot events."

Can't see how events / festivals would see this as a total surprise approach and you'd think most would have considered that in their plans. The app would do most of the accreditation work for them and really its just the dealing with those who turn up without the requirements that they'll have to factor in I'd guess.

Was supposed to be in place at Wembley yesterday but no-one even asked.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I think its more "crowded city cente pubs", nightclubs etc. They could've done with slightly more notice! 

Anyone else just dreading the rest of this year now? This has had the opposite effect on me than I thought it would. an inevitable longer set of restrictions is all I can see in the future, and a repeat of this year next year around the booster jabs to get a summer 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anyone else just dreading the rest of this year now? This has had the opposite effect on me than I thought it would. an inevitable longer set of restrictions is all I can see in the future, and a repeat of this year next year around the booster jabs 

I think the key is to get out and enjoy it as much as you can while you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

I think one of the problems is that it's mostly the 18 - 30s catching covid now which then means they can't be vaccinated for a month (I think it's a month). My daughter and her boyfriend both caught it a few weeks ago and they were due to be vaccinated the following day 😭

Could have got mine in time for 2 weeks before Latitude but couldn't due to isolating. I've been one of the most cautious in my circles but tbh  now more people i know have had covid, I am more relaxed about the risks of going to a festival. I'm willing to be more selfish and take a risk despite the initial stress I felt recently 😕 Good will gets worn down. If I were going to a football match people would be happy for me but if it goes wrong at a festival I'm selfish? 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

I think the key is to get out and enjoy it as much as you can while you can.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Summer you want to be outside and when winter comes and all you want to be is inside your going to be fucked  😜

Oh absolutely that's the plan but yep indoors in winter is the concern. Just feeling this air of inevitability around it all now. 

1 minute ago, lemons said:

Could have got mine in time for 2 weeks before Latitude but couldn't due to isolating. I've been one of the most cautious in my circles but tbh  now more people i know have had covid, I am more relaxed about the risks of going to a festival. I'm willing to be more selfish and take a risk despite the initial stress I felt recently 😕 Good will gets worn down. If I were going to a football match people would be happy for me but if it goes wrong at a festival I'm selfish? 

Ha I agree - that seems to be the general thoughts on it! 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anyone else just dreading the rest of this year now? This has had the opposite effect on me than I thought it would. an inevitable longer set of restrictions is all I can see in the future, and a repeat of this year next year around the booster jabs to get a summer 

Well, it is uncertain. They are forecasting this wave to peak mid August but NHS should cope, but there are a lot of unknowns as depends on people's behaviour without rules to follow. Then there could be further problems in autumn and winter with all sorts of respiratory viruses, but again, lots of unknowns.