When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Prediction: Boris gives the go ahead today and then the numbers fly up to 50k plus by Friday/Saturday. Fake SAGE have an utter meltdown trying to get it cancelled. 

My prediction..... totally hopefully wishful thinking....

We peak in cases soon as the growth rate continues to slow. Then post 19th there is a blip and then everyone wonders what the bloody fuss was about. 😄 

We can hope.

They have already said that they expect will get to 50k cases per day or thereabouts by 19th, right? And Javid said could get to 100k by mid August? Maybe this is worse case scenario stuff and won't be as bad. I guess main thing is deaths...if gets to 100 deaths/day then that might start spooking people...just have to see etc etc forever.

Good. Enough is enough

The health secretary goes on to say the government has looked closely at the data “and we firmly believe this is the right time to get our nation closer to normal life”.

He says the UK will move to the next stage of the roadmap on 19 July.

"To those who say why take this step now, I say if not now then when."

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

They have already said that they expect will get to 50k cases per day or thereabouts by 19th, right? And Javid said could get to 100k by mid August? Maybe this is worse case scenario stuff and won't be as bad. I guess main thing is deaths...if gets to 100 deaths/day then that might start spooking people...just have to see etc etc forever.

WHich is why post 19th July and we throw this thread in the bin, we can ignore the figures and crack on with life

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The cynic in me did wonder that if they warned this now and cases end up much lower if they could then claim a victory on it, such as them saying it could have been worse but it hasn’t been 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

The cynic in me did wonder that if they warned this now and cases end up much lower if they could then claim a victory on it, such as them saying it could have been worse but it hasn’t been 

maybe. Maybe it is from one of the more pessimistic scenarios from model forcasting epidimidingdong people.

So we all know we can’t eradicate the virus and we are all seemingly going to be getting on with our ‘normal lives’ from next week, so genuine question - what is the point in testing for it and then isolating etc anymore? I can’t make much sense of it when people will be going about spreading it unknowingly anyway. 

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

So we all know we can’t eradicate the virus and we are all seemingly going to be getting on with our ‘normal lives’ from next week, so genuine question - what is the point in testing for it and then isolating etc anymore? I can’t make much sense of it when people will be going about spreading it unknowingly anyway. 

because not all restrictions are lifted because the link between cases and hospitalisations is weakened but not broken.