When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Combed? It looks like the world's worst lockdown wifecut, where she's run the clippers just once across his head front to back.

Disclosure: have had a bad wifecut myself, but limited to a chunk out the side.

It looks like one of those cheap wigs you get from a fancy dress shop!

I once bought an Elvis wig & my then girlfriend bought a Marilyn Monroe one. Everyone at the party thought we'd come as Fred West and Myra Hindley!!!! 😄

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

asking questions and being concerned does not make you an anti-vaxxer, which is the point i was trying to make from the start.

Asking questions to produce the illusion of a debate when there isn't one is exactly the problem with anti-vaxxers. Drug development absolutely has risks which is why bodies like the MHRA, the FDA and the EMA exist they have more expertise than you and are way more rigorous than you. 

8 hours ago, gizmoman said:

As for vunerable relatives,  you'll be pleased to know my mum (86) has had the AZ vaccine and she's fine, I am glad she is now protected but was worried about any adverse reaction as any one would be, asking questions and being concerned does not make you an anti-vaxxer, which is the point i was trying to make from the start.

Unfortunately that's where we are now - we're all getting the vaccine whether we want to or not. There is to be no questioning 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Based on Israel, probably not correct.

That is probably something to see right now, but we won't know that until we have more data to be surer than we might be now.

Last time I checked, a few days ago, it looked to me that were two weeks away - based on Israel.

Obviously back of fag packet calculations, apparently we might be able to see it with higher quality data.

Either way, we should see it soon enough.

I can really see them pushing for the Great British Holiday this summer, not to sound too Farage like but I'm happy to support the local and national economy and do more day visits to different cities around the country or do an extended break somewhere else in the country, I just darent risk travel abroad currently, especially when it's likely they will be different in the foreign countries too 

9 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

That may be so, though it may not, gizmo has always been polite so I’m happy to respond (some of the stuff he/she posts is from scientific blogs or has references, I just need to examine the level of evidence presented and how it is being interpreted). However, more importantly, this stuff gets repeated ad nauseum on social media and others start to believe what they read, so rather than simply dismissing it as conspiracy theory nonsense, on the bits I can explain, I prefer to do so just in case anyone else comes away with the idea that large sections of the scientific community are worried about these things too. There’s always a grain of truth in some of these ideas that get propagated, and I think it’s important to acknowledge the true bit while providing evidence of why it’s not the entire story so that gizmo (if he/she cares) or anyone else reading it can make an informed choice about what to believe. I can’t explain everything, in many cases, nobody can, that’s why there are recurring themes in the criticism of these and other vaccines, bits without an absolute answer get repeatedly chosen because there’s fertile ground to be sown in terms of the doubt that has been cultivated since Wakefield and his ilk and there have been issues with vaccines before (they have been pulled from use as per normal, it’s how using new medicine works)...so it’s not possible to say with 100% certainty that everything will be just fine, but the weight of evidence in most cases is overwhelmingly in favour of safe use and I think we need to highlight that rather than dismissing people as nutters...they may be, or they may have legitimate fears, and if not, others may have those fears too, so informed dialogue should help alleviate them more effectively than internet spats! 

FFS. I keep trying to ignore this thread but how can I with this quality of comment can always be found here for @Toilet Duck 🙂.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Combed? It looks like the world's worst lockdown wifecut, where she's run the clippers just once across his head front to back.

Disclosure: have had a bad wifecut myself, but limited to a chunk out the side.

Britain Trump indeed.

575f8c84-b5f2-4aeb-818b-83386c99335f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can really see them pushing for the Great British Holiday this summer, not to sound too Farage like but I'm happy to support the local and national economy and do more day visits to different cities around the country or do an extended break somewhere else in the country, I just darent risk travel abroad currently, especially when it's likely they will be different in the foreign countries too 

I'm completely the same - I'm not desperate enough to "get away" to go to a sunny country, walk around in a mask and be restricted on what i can do there. It just doesn't sound like fun at all nor worth the money/hassle/stress/moral issues around going abroad during a pandemic 

Edited by efcfanwirral

44 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Asking questions to produce the illusion of a debate when there isn't one is exactly the problem with anti-vaxxers. Drug development absolutely has risks which is why bodies like the MHRA, the FDA and the EMA exist they have more expertise than you and are way more rigorous than you. 

Stifling debate now. This pandemic has truely brought out some of the amazing traits of humanity and some of the very worst. 

The scientific community are debating all manner of things around these vaccines that's why they change their advice. Like when we weren't giving people allergic to penicillin one of the vaccines, but then with time and more research and debate it was decided we could do. The vaccine has been deemed to be of acceptable risk not that it's of no risk to anyone - you don't know people's personal circumstance or why they might have questions or concerns or fears do you? 

46 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unfortunately that's where we are now - we're all getting the vaccine whether we want to or not. There is to be no questioning 

Since when? Your entitled to turn down the vaccine.