When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

56 minutes ago, stuie said:

As a casual reader of this thread, this is obvious and it’s boring to read. 

Yeah I kinder feel the same.  I don't know how some people find so much time to create so much content for this thread to be honest.   

Big up @ToiletDuck btw, your knowledge and sharing has really helped my understanding on many things so thanks man, would love to buy you a pint next year buddy.  

Edited by CurlyPutz
typo

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Yeah I totally get where you’re coming from, but surely the aim of this is something along the lines of ‘a journey back to normality (pre pandemic levels) whilst ensuring the NHS doesn’t become overwhelmed and deaths are kept to a minimum’. 
Rather than just aiming for that by an arbitrary date of ‘by 1st July’ it’s constantly evolving based on real life data from number of positive tests, number of deaths, vaccine rollout numbers, vaccine effectiveness etc. It will need to essentially be run in 2 weeks sprints where it is evaluated before determining next steps on the story board. It’s possible that what they had envisaged will need to be reassessed based on the real life data feeding though, and targets will be adjusted accordingly. 

Yep, and I completely agree with that. Everyone naturally wants dates dates dates but better to set out what needs to be true, and work towards those bit by bit. That’s actually an easier way to bring public with you imo, rather than an arbitrary “back to normal in June lads” and try and fake that you are in control of everything. Hope they do that with the roadmap (but not much hope because they’ve already dated schools on 8th March based on nothing (!?) ) 

Just now, Radiochicken said:

Yep, and I completely agree with that. Everyone naturally wants dates dates dates but better to set out what needs to be true, and work towards those bit by bit. That’s actually an easier way to bring public with you imo, rather than an arbitrary “back to normal in June lads” and try and fake that you are in control of everything. Hope they do that with the roadmap (but not much hope because they’ve already dated schools on 8th March based on nothing (!?) ) 

They've said school will not be back before March 8. They haven't said they definitely will be opening then. Although I'd be surprised if they weren't, judging by how the numbers are falling.

But, yeah, hopefully no dates in the roadmap, but a series of statements about what can happen when certain criteria are met.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think there SHOULD be dates but with an asterisk that all relaxations will be postponed and even reversed if the data allows it. “Not before” dates if you like. 

I'd like to see something like March 8th schools open subject to cases, hospital admissions being below X. 

March 20th Gyms, Hairdresses etc... Open if following school reopening cases etc remain below Y

Or whatever parameters are put on it, you should work though a scale and if cases don't fall you hold at that point for an extra two weeks and see what happens etc..bit like the terror threat level. 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

UP YOURS MACRON

I wonder if the countries who have decided not to use it in over 65's will now backtrack on that?

You'd be pretty pissed if you were above 65 in these countries & seeing how the UK is getting on with vaccinations wouldn't you?

27 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Yeah I kinder feel the same.  I don't know how some people find so much time to create so much content for this thread to be honest.   

Big up @ToiletDuck btw, your knowledge and sharing has really helped my understanding on many things so thanks man, would love to buy you a pint next year buddy.  

No worries! If it helps, I'm happy to keep posting stuff! 22nd June 2022...you know where I'll be!