When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean, I’ve read that on Twitter but thanks. If this is a new thing in this thread let me know a long Twitter thread you’ve read and I’ll quote it back to you bit by bit. Don’t want to feel left out.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Peston on ITV all about lifting of lockdown at moment.

why is John Edmunds on Peston implying that vaccines are only 90% effective at preventing severe disease and death? in the trials its been 100%, so while i don't expect it to actually be 100%, given how many thousands of people have been in these trials, they're pretty statistically accurate surely, so the actual number can't be far off 100%, certainly not as low as 90% as he's insinuating?

Edited by tigger123

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

why is the John Edmunds on Peston implying that vaccines are only 90% effective at preventing severe disease and death? in the trials its been 100%, so while i don't expect it to actually be 100%, given how many thousands of people have been in these trials, they're pretty statistically accurate surely, so the actual number can't be far off 100%, certainly not as low as 90% as he's insinuating?

Also 90% is more than enough to end restrictions.

12 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Edmund's sensationalism gets shot down almost immediately by another prominent scientist. I've said it before, but some of these scientists like Edmunds really need to wind their neck in with their fear mongering. It's really really dangerous as could make people who are unsure about getting the vaccine decide not to get it, which will cost lives and prolong this for longer. I really am starting to think that a few of them really are loving the limelight and getting soundbites out there to drive headlines. What ever happened to scientists waiting for data to be peer reviewed before jumping to such conclusions? I know he said 'may' but he's a clever bloke and will know that headlines will be written off the back of this, with the 'may' having a distinct lack of emphasis. He should choose his words more carefully.

Edited by tigger123