When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

By 12 weeks in-between, id say its definitely a lot more likely.

A LOT of my friends need a light at the end of the tunnel. I know everyone on here loves a tight lockdown, but loads of people want some deadline so they don't give up

I just want the focus to being things done properly, not giving people false hope, not throwing out random sound bights - just get the job done efficiently. 

People should realise that the end is now in sight, but stop putting so much pressure on dates. It's literally what got us back in this shithole mess.

Kudos to Astrazeneca.

I think it's disgusting that Pfizer and Moderna make a profit given what is at stake here. Not sure how their execs sleep at night.

They make a great profit on everything else. For once, just for once and for the good of the vaccine reachest the greatest number of people, they should sell it at cost (fine to factor in all their previous R&D costs).

Pfizer at least didn't take grant money for R&D so took a risk in its development.

Moderna however did and having benefited from that, now they want to sell at the highest price. Shameful really. As an absolute bare minimum they should all sell it to the third world at cost.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Tune in at 10.30

If they’re that confident they should put their (our) money where their mouth is and offer to cover music festivals coronavirus insurance. Will they do that? Let’s all go to the bbc and submit that question for the press conference post haste!

Just now, xxialac said:

tKudos to Astrazeneca.

I think it's disgusting that Pfizer and Moderna make a profit given what is at stake here. Not sure how their execs sleep at night.

They make a great profit on everything else. For once, just for once and for the good of the vaccine reachest the greatest number of people, they should sell it at cost (fine to factor in all their previous R&D costs).

Pfizer at least didn't take grant money for R&D so took a risk in its development.

Moderna however did and having benefited from that, now they want to sell at the highest price. Shameful really. As an absolute bare minimum they should all sell it to the third world at cost.

I don’t know much about the subject but hasn’t Biden promised the vaccine will be free for all Americans and will foot the cost? At least this isn’t going to an extreme charge for the average American 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t know much about the subject but hasn’t Biden promised the vaccine will be free for all Americans and will foot the cost? At least this isn’t going to an extreme charge for the average American 

I don't follow.

Which first world countries are charging their citizens for the vaccine?

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Can someone nip round and wake up @crazyfool1?

Was just thinking the same. @crazyfool1and @Ozannehave pretty much been camped in this thread for the winter and when there's actually something to discuss, they're not here!

Reminds me of the time when @Gnomicidemissed the lineup announcement after twelve months of build-up...

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was just thinking the same. @crazyfool1and @Ozannehave pretty much been camped in this thread for the winter and when there's actually something to discuss, they're not here!

Reminds me of the time when @Gnomicidemissed the lineup announcement after twelve months of build-up...

And @Toilet Duck. Be interested in his take on the 12 week thing.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The writer behind Bert and Ernie reveals the characters were based on his  own relationship | PhillyVoice

They've just woke up!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Kudos to Astrazeneca.

Really well, in their massive, comfy beds I'd imagine

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't follow.

Which first world countries are charging their citizens for the vaccine?

Ah I see - sorry gave a read again. Yeah selling to third world countries at a profit isn’t great, but I wonder if there will be alternative efforts deployed to get the vaccine to citizens who can’t pay

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So we will get this before the EU? Need to be careful because I might be giving the mail content ideas here...

They haven’t asked for EU approval. 

Something tells me the large government funding came with a caveat to make sure we had it long before the EU does.