When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, they'll vote for it...but if/when they're renegotiating certain parts in the years ahead if govt want to diverge and reduce workers rights or environmental rights for a competitive advantage, labour would have voted for it.

The logic is that if the alternative is no deal then this is the better outcome. Whilst it might be a deal they don't like, it's the lesser of 2 evils. Starmer has made it clear that in 2024 if there's a Labour government they will negotiate for better terms, which is more possible if we are on better terms with the EU with an existing trade deal. It would be much more difficult to start negotiating with them in 2924 after 3 years on WTO terms. Plus it would just look bad to vote against or abstain, it would like (rightly or wrongly) to be going against the will of the people again. We all know that's rubbish but it wouldn't matter. This way Johnson has nothing to hold over Starmer, if the deal is a calamity then the Tories can't turn round and pin it on Labour as it's their own deal. I believe this is the best way forward and polling suggests the public want this too.

42 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Just four in 10 people in France want to have a vaccination against Covid-19, a poll showed Tuesday, as concern also grows over the slow start to the country’s immunisation campaign.

won't be going to France on holiday!

Mandatory vaccination gonna happen there then ... the militant French are gonna love that 

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah heading the right direction here in Portugal... glad I headed in this direction at the end of September! 

Thats... a very selective quote though.

Germany had over a 1000 deaths today reported. 

UK aren't doing great but I dont think comparisons our massively fair without full context. We are well ahead on vaccinations for example

Edited by zahidf

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we will go tier 4 in Somerset 

Unless there's a national lockdown I'd be surprised looking just at the rates in the article linked below.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what are the latest predictions for the tiers/restrictions review tomorrow?

Lancashire and Birmingham going into tier 4.

Mostly based off rates in this article that highlights areas in tier 3 with higher rates then tier 4. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/area-move-tier-4-latest-23228749

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Unless there's a national lockdown I'd be surprised looking just at the rates in the article linked below.

Mostly based off rates in this article that highlights areas in tier 3 with higher rates then tier 4. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/area-move-tier-4-latest-23228749

And Greater Manchester

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Rates when I checked earlier were 370 per 100,000 .... and rising fast ... guess we just wait and see 

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The logic is that if the alternative is no deal then this is the better outcome. Whilst it might be a deal they don't like, it's the lesser of 2 evils. Starmer has made it clear that in 2024 if there's a Labour government they will negotiate for better terms, which is more possible if we are on better terms with the EU with an existing trade deal. It would be much more difficult to start negotiating with them in 2924 after 3 years on WTO terms. Plus it would just look bad to vote against or abstain, it would like (rightly or wrongly) to be going against the will of the people again. We all know that's rubbish but it wouldn't matter. This way Johnson has nothing to hold over Starmer, if the deal is a calamity then the Tories can't turn round and pin it on Labour as it's their own deal. I believe this is the best way forward and polling suggests the public want this too.

there will be a nauseating amount of chest beating victory shite from bojo and chums tomorrow.

Full national lockdown to Feb 1st (initially) would be my preference. It’s a good chance to do it with most Uni students not back until late Jan/early Feb anyway, and minimises the amount of time school kids will be learning from home. Be decisive and strict on it. Then hopefully with the vaccinations and the impact of lockdown we can start to ease some of the harsher restrictions with more confidence in February.

edit: and a proper lockdown, not the fake November one. 

Edited by jparx

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That's shocking - the consequences of the 20,000 ish days as well, when we get the pay off of these record breaking days AND christmas it'll be way worse

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mandatory vaccination gonna happen there then ... the militant French are gonna love that 

Still convinced it's coming to all of us one way or another - they just need to say there is a more deadly strain (and I actually think that is what they will do to encourage more vaccinations)