When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

CC336C0B-15B1-4EA6-BE49-D8C525F4F7B3.thumb.jpeg.6b8bc70d8d74df4aa3f2d663c1827512.jpeg

Handy little chart from Sky. Shows very clearly how much of a game changer this Oxford vaccine is, for a number of reasons. 
On a different note, anybody know the reasons why this is so much cheaper per dose than it’s rivals? Is this to do with the production on the vaccine itself of other factors (e.g. distribution, manufacturing, storage etc). 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

CC336C0B-15B1-4EA6-BE49-D8C525F4F7B3.thumb.jpeg.6b8bc70d8d74df4aa3f2d663c1827512.jpeg

Handy little chart from Sky. Shows very clearly how much of a game changer this Oxford vaccine is, for a number of reasons. 
On a different note, anybody know the reasons why this is so much cheaper per dose than it’s rivals? Is this to do with the production on the vaccine itself of other factors (e.g. distribution, manufacturing, storage etc). 

Think it’s mostly due to the fact that no one is making a profit on it...

The other manufacturers will be making a fortune.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Think it’s mostly due to the fact that no one is making a profit on it...

The other manufacturers will be making a fortune.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

"during the pandemic" it's being offered at cost price.

If it's going to be a yearly vaccination, they'll be cashing in in those future years.

Thanks both - I wasn’t aware of that. Sure there are some juicy backhanders being made somewhere, but nice to have it rolled out at cost price in time of a worldwide crisis.

To be cashing in for big profits at this stage seems somewhat immoral, but these companies are the only way out of this so you can argue they are worth every penny at this stage! 

23 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Nationwide Tier 4, with Tier 5 for hotspots, imo. Set a review date and the target to reach for specific restrictions to be eased. Give people a roadmap, which would at least help businesses (and festivals?) to make more informed decisions. Tiers without an end in sight are just bleak af. 

I agree with this in principle, but is tier 5 definitely a thing? Only seen it in that Express article, which I wouldn't give much credence. If it is what does it involve?

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Thanks both - I wasn’t aware of that. Sure there are some juicy backhanders being made somewhere, but nice to have it rolled out at cost price in time of a worldwide crisis.

To be cashing in for big profits at this stage seems somewhat immoral, but these companies are the only way out of this so you can argue they are worth every penny at this stage! 

it's probably the case that the AZ vaccine can corner a big part of the market with its pricing strategy, so ends up not being so altruistic after all.

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

That just seems stupidly optimistic and not based in reality. I wish the government would stop putting bollocks sounds bights out and just focus on getting it rolled out efficiently. 

By 12 weeks in-between, id say its definitely a lot more likely.

A LOT of my friends need a light at the end of the tunnel. I know everyone on here loves a tight lockdown, but loads of people want some deadline so they don't give up

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it bad to say that i want to take the AstraZeneca vaccine over the others? I want a BRITISH made vaccine which is made with OUR LAWS by BRITISH universities? 🇬🇧 

I certainly won't be injecting any of that foreign muck in my veins