When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I understand the logic and I understand why people under a certain age are breaking the rules - it's of such little risk to them. 

I think once the tiers came into play and it wasn't us against the virus things changed people went from mostly complying to try and work out ways around the rules because others were somehow having more fun. 

My mate us 48. He probably should know better!

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

This is absolutely real for the NHS and many other frontline staff!!! 
But we mustn’t talk about it cause it makes the decision makers of the Government feel uncomfortable!!! And it might just mean they have to take responsibility for their shit decision making!!! 
We should be shouting about it!!! 
I went out and clapped and shouted because we got heard for a split second!!! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Around minus 3 or 4. Went hill walking today, beautiful blue sky and crispy frozen mud underfoot.  Snowy mountains in the distance, Ben Lomond. 

D9A9A762-9143-4158-A7AF-86EE822A64AE.thumb.jpeg.f81bf866a184333e1c27ba4fe46eb259.jpeg

I'm playing golf in East Lothian tomorrow. Forecast; -4c. I'll be lucky to be able to hold the club after the 3rd hole. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I know no one gives a shit with everything else that is going on...but I don't think labour should be voting for this brexit deal tomorrow.

They should abstaim, saying that while they respect how people voted, they do not believe it is in our best interests and that they won't take "ownership" of it in that way. Let the Tories "own" the success or failure. Otherwise, come next election Tories shut them down with "you accepted it too". 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is it that easy to show you are going to work actually? Just wondering, I don't think it will be enforced. But I don't know how I would prove it as wouldn't be wearing a uniform or anything. I could have a pass with me but that doesn't really mean I'm going to work. They'd have to call the workplace or something.

As I say I don't think it will come to that anyway, just thinking out loud really!

We were given letters from the company advising that our roles were essential and travel to be allowed during March lockdown.

I’d quite like to know if I’ll be going back to work on Monday. Teaching from home is not nice but I feel it is entirely necessary for, I don’t know, 4 weeks (the period I think we need a complete national lockdown for to get things under a bit more control). As soon as schools go back next week, we will see massive surges in cases in all areas of the country, not just the South East. 

At my school alone, in the last week of term, we had the whole of Year 8 off (1 case), the whole of Year 7 (1 case), the whole of Year 11 (4 cases) and some of Year 12 (2 cases). Not to mention in the 2/3 weeks before that, the whole of Years 7 and 8 were previously off due to positive cases. We also had 19 staff off on the last day of term due to them either testing positive (3 cases) or receiving messages from the app telling them to self-isolate. This is in South Lincolnshire, an area that has been nowhere near as rife as many other areas. 

I don’t like or want to teach from home, and neither does any colleague I know (nor any other teacher mates at other schools), but I think that sending schools back on Monday (or even the week after) would be a kamikaze move. 

Edited by Andre91