When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Or in other words, it was more for the people who were clapping than for those they were supposedly clapping for.

To some extent yes but I don't like your use of the word supposedly - they were doing both. They were clapping to show support for essential workers and particularly the NHS. But they were frightened and isolated and so partaking in a communal event with their neighbours once a week helped them through a difficult time. What they weren't doing was supporting a political agenda.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I know no one gives a shit with everything else that is going on...but I don't think labour should be voting for this brexit deal tomorrow.

Tend to agree. Abstaining would appear to be the obvious answer. I suppose they would prefer to look decisive. Those working classes absolutely love a bit of Brexit don't they?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've lost track, but if it was defeated - would that mean No Deal?

good question....chaos probably. But it won't be, ERG are supporting it...so why should labour? If they still cared that we would maintain workers and environmental rights then they would not vote for it, as this deal does not guarantee that.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Tend to agree. Abstaining would appear to be the obvious answer. I suppose they would prefer to look decisive. Those working classes absolutely love a bit of Brexit don't they?

Haven’t people been moaning at Starmer for being indecisive? He’s now taking a stance which he believes is better than no deal. 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

curfews prevent people going to other peoples houses in the evenings and definitely made a difference in France and Spain ... the fewer people that are mobile  the more obvious the ones that are become  .... schools definitely need to go now unfortunately but other things too ... this is ridiculous now 

edit ... see above post and who wears face masks outside amongst their measures 

The French and Spain curfews were just banning mixing after those times though right? You could still go outside for a walk. We already ban household mixing in tier 2 or higher anyway?

depends which working classes you talk to....most cities were very much pro remain and apparently they have working class in them too....but those shit holes that have been neglected for decades blamed all their shit on immigrants or whatever else they read in some scummy tory rag.

(had a few drinks, feeling angry).

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Haven’t people been moaning at Starmer for being indecisive? He’s now taking a stance which he believes is better than no deal. 

What is Starmer's line on all this? 'It's crap but it's better than no deal?' I've been drunk and not watching the news for the past few days (it was really nice!).

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

well, I think he's wrong...but I guess he wants to convince those brexity red wall voters that he's their man...time to take the majority of labour voters who voted remain for granted.

if they know it won't be defeated surely the best call would be to oppose it .... and say that they know that it would get voted through and the no deal wouldn't be an option ... but they couldnt support it .... is that to complex ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The French and Spain curfews were just banning mixing after those times though right? You could still go outside for a walk. We already ban household mixing in tier 2 or higher anyway?

Turns out not. Can only go out to walk the dog. Which frankly I think is ridiculous. Like a pets mental health matters more than a person’s ffs.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

we do yes .... but like everything no enforcement .... a curfew is more of an obvious deterrent 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if they know it won't be defeated surely the best call would be to oppose it .... and say that they know that it would get voted through and the no deal wouldn't be an option ... but they couldnt support it .... is that to complex ?

Might be. Starmer's previous line of 'negotiate the deal then have a vote on it versus remain' was apparently too mindblowing for people to inderstand.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Turns out not. Can only go out to walk the dog. Which frankly I think is ridiculous. Like a pets mental health matters more than a person’s ffs.

I think under any lockdown they would still allow exercise outside, it would be frankly inhumane not to, I'm just not sure if they would allow seeing 1 other person as part of the rules 

Just now, DeanoL said:

Not saying human mental health isn't important, but it's very crucial for a lot of dog breeds' health to get walked regularly, ideally daily (and sometimes multiple times). It can have physical and mental effects on them a lot more acutely than if a human didn't go out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You could only go out  in Spain if you had a reason. My friend in Madrid was having to take her prescriptions with her when she went out for a walk (lives in a flat in Barcelona) in case the police stopped her.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Not saying human mental health isn't important, but it's very crucial for a lot of dog breeds' health to get walked regularly, ideally daily (and sometimes multiple times). It can have physical and mental effects on them a lot more acutely than if a human didn't go out.

I'd quite like for someone to put a lead on me and take me out in the morning for a shit in the park.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I'd quite like for someone to put a lead on me and take me out in the morning for a shit in the park.

Reminds me of a joke:

Why do dogs lick their 'bits'?

Because they can't make a fist.