Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I went to the Dublin show, Croke Park, similar size and it about half size it is on this tour. 

On the plus side, I only got golden circle tickets the day of the show for much cheaper. 

croke_park_dublin.jpg

Didn't realise the people of Dublin were such big fans of High Fidelity and Grosse Point Blank.

• Upvote 1

fkme, £300 for a stadium gig down the front. Three hundred quid.

Or £170 for a decent view, and £100 for an alright view. That's absolutely insane! I've always thought the sound at hyde park gigs is crap, its sworn me off returning there really, what's it like at Anfield? 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Amex presale is on now too.

No sign of any 'lucky dip' tickets on the Amex presale - I don't have an Amex card either. Looking at that seating plan, and the way I know Anfield, I would argue some of those £80 seats (Kop End) are better than some of the £100 seats. The 'M' seats you get the comfy chairs though! 😂

Bought three £80 tickets, eight rows into section 205 in the centre of the Kop. The row in front of this photo but a bit more central. Nine rows further forward would have been £130 each.

Thought they looked better than some of the more expensive tickets but I've never been to Anfield, so really pleased to hear this!

image.png.fda0ef8c4ac091734f79081fd7c7b1d2.png

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Doesnt really apply to the uk as badly as the u.s He barely scratched the surface. Wish he had called out dynamic pricing and platinum.

155115BE-C986-4BD9-9842-ABC6FE1E14B7.jpeg

Doesn't apply to Glastonbury but it certainly applies to the UK (but maybe not as extreme as the US... yet). Live Nation own a good chunk of UK music festivals.

Ireland recently banned the practice of reselling above price (albeit I'm nit sure how effective it will be, time will tell). Other countries should follow suit.

The platinum & dynamic pricing stuff is awful. I work in sport and have seen it happening first hand in the background. It's the pits.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I mean, isn't Eden Project a pretty cool location tho?  Better than just another arena or academy show ain't it

It probably is, yeah, I just can’t be arsed with the travel down for it from Manchester.

From what we’ve been told in the European festival section it sounds like they’ll probably do European festivals next year (most likely including APE and Primavera), so I’ll just hold out.

Should just do Castlefield Bowl imo. As should LCD Soundsystem.