Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Was just thinking that I like the look of Kendal Calling :D

I need to find a new message board to post on.

Aye, I'm all up for a bit of indie landfill nostalgia. It was those bands that got me into live music in the first place, and the festival itself has a really nice vibe.

If it weren't for going to see the likes of Reverend and the Makers with all my mates, I likely wouldn't have ended up at Glastonbury or going to gigs at all, let alone having bands like Sigur Ros being the highlight of my festival.

It's like a gateway drug, got me on the right road to discovering live music and 100s of other great acts across plenty of genres. Like dabbling with a bit of mephedrone then discovering the joy of pure MDMA later down the line. In this case the Mephedrone being bands such as The Rifles, and Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem etc and the like being the good shit.

10 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Aye, I'm all up for a bit of indie landfill nostalgia. It was those bands that got me into live music in the first place, and the festival itself has a really nice vibe.

If it weren't for going to see the likes of Reverend and the Makers with all my mates, I likely wouldn't have ended up at Glastonbury or going to gigs at all, let alone having bands like Sigur Ros being the highlight of my festival.

It's like a gateway drug, got me on the right road to discovering live music and 100s of other great acts across plenty of genres. Like dabbling with a bit of mephedrone then discovering the joy of pure MDMA later down the line. In this case the Mephedrone being bands such as The Rifles, and Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem etc and the like being the good shit.

What age are you that you took Mephedrone before you took MDMA? 

37 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

**Skin Tyson done some brilliant work as part of Robert Plant's band to be fair and was awesome on the lullaby and ceaseless roar tour. 

Skin was a member of the greatest unsigned Liverpool band of the 80's - Pyramid Dream. There are bits and bobs of their stuff in the darkest corners of the web. Power could never get his head round the fact that a totally wastedLee Mavers had 10X the talent and charisma he could ever have. Even Mavers match going Evertonian-ness was in total contrast to Power's armchair  Kopite wannabe persona. So yeah, fuck him. 

59 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

*If you haven't guessed I have an irrational hatred of all things Cast. I don't really know why as I like a lot of shite 90s indie landfill as it was my student days. But I hated them then. I even occasionally still listen to Shed 7 and the seahorses and enjoy them. But Cast can rot in hell for me.**

Ha ha, I have similar feelings. Walkaway?  Please, never to return.

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Surely we're getting Teenage Fanclub down on the farm. Surely. Can't believe I missed their tour... 

I queried this with one of them this Xmas time and at that point nothing was confirmed.  It wasn't a firm 'No', and he said that they could be doing it but he didn't know about it - but he had no information that they were, either.

10 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I assume there wont be much crossover with this? There's a few diamonds in that rough

Last year there was around 10-12 acts that did Firefly and Glasto, so could be a decent amount who would still do both this year.

Hopefully The Shins and Miike Snow can make it to the farm this year.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I seem to remember Weezer being ruled out or one reason or another, but still, Weezer! 

I just had a look at their tour dates and can't see anything, this is their first gig in June as far as I can see.

plus Rivers mentioned playing Glastonbury last year, and he was hopefully just getting a year ahead of himself!