Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think Brian Wilson is likely for Glastonbury at all? He's been announced for Camp Bestival and Bilbao BBK which shows he's touring through the summer and he's in Europe in early July, he isn't a UK festival exclusive at Camp Bestival too. Can see him playing mid afternoon on Saturday. I know he's played before, but tbh so did Madness back in 2010 & I can see him taking the same slot they did last year. He'd be such a big pull for the festival too.

Edited by Acid_Haze

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Does anyone think Brian Wilson is likely for Glastonbury at all? He's been announced for Camp Bestival and Bilbao BBK which shows he's touring through the summer and he's in Europe in early July, he isn't a UK festival exclusive at Camp Bestival too. Can see him playing mid afternoon on Saturday. I know he's played before, but tbh so did Madness back in 2010 & I can see him taking the same slot they did last year. He'd be such a big pull for the festival too.

I'd love to see him there. One issue is that he's still doing the Pet Sounds set, which is rather long (nearly 40 songs). Maybe if he were to play (although I'm not hopeful), he could headline WH and do his full show. Would be a great alternative to Ed.

Just now, H.M.V said:

Wow, was only chatting earlier about maybe getting a day ticket for kendal seeing as its now local to us. Looks like the only ticket I'll be looking for is one out of here. 

Hehehe 'if that's Kendal Calling, tell them i'm not here'

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Doesn't look great does it? That being said would happily take the Manics, Franz Ferdinand, The Coral, Honeyblood and White to beef up the undercard on the farm. 

Yeah there's some fun stuff on there. Brian Wilson would go down a storm late afternoon on the Pyramid, past it or not. Frankie T also.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I'd love to see him there. One issue is that he's still doing the Pet Sounds set, which is rather long (nearly 40 songs). Maybe if he were to play (although I'm not hopeful), he could headline WH and do his full show. Would be a great alternative to Ed.

Could do what Patti Smith did in 2015 and not do an album set in the middle of touring her famous album in full, and play mid-afternoon on Pyramid.

Edited by Acid_Haze