Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

On 5/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, LowerMead said:

I'm very much expecting Pulp to be on that final Glastonbury poster, but not sure where. 

An Other Stage headline would be my logical choice.  Just hope it's not Sunday as Elton's last ever gig is something that a lot of people will want to witness in person. 

But .... they have to split the crowd somehow 👀

As someone , long term poster, that never got a ticket this year , i am pleased to note that I will be attending Latitude this year where Pulp are headlining. And this will be the first time over all the years attending Glasto that i would have seen them live 😁

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Do headliners ever get a say in who supports them? AM are big on Royal Blood from memory, pretty sure Helders had their merch on there last time 

Selfishly - Pulp, Fred, AM would be quite delightful 

Not usually. Apparently The Stones did and McCartney did in 2004, but in general it's the festival's business.

11 minutes ago, George_92 said:

where have you seen this? 

in the pulp facebook group so I don't believe it at all. It was first mentioned last week and then has been brought up again. Personally I think there won't be a support and it'll just be a slightly longer set so they can test more material before the festivals. Just saw that Baxter Dury has been announced as support for the London and Cardiff gigs so the only one without a support now is Brid

1 minute ago, HumbugD said:

in the pulp facebook group so I don't believe it at all. It was first mentioned last week and then has been brought up again. Personally I think there won't be a support and it'll just be a slightly longer set so they can test more material before the festivals. Just saw that Baxter Dury has been announced as support for the London and Cardiff gigs so the only one without a support now is Brid

aah interesting – thanks! just assumed there wouldn't be a support, as is often the case for these sort of warm-up shows. we'll see! 

The Liam rumour is such a weird one. No chance in my opinion. Noel has more of a friendship with Jarvis/pulp than Liam does for starters plus their audience (Liam/oasis fans) are not the same as Pulp fans. Whole different calibre of fans here. It just wouldn’t work.

11 minutes ago, Rachie said:

The Liam rumour is such a weird one. No chance in my opinion. Noel has more of a friendship with Jarvis/pulp than Liam does for starters plus their audience (Liam/oasis fans) are not the same as Pulp fans. Whole different calibre of fans here. It just wouldn’t work.

A Different Class, you could say

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rachie said:

yeah I thought this, not sure why so many people are saying it in that group, wishful thinking. 

50 minutes ago, HumbugD said:

Have they announced support for Scarborough - can't seem to see anything online

1 hour ago, Rachie said:

59 minutes ago, MrHew said:

A Different Class, you could say

Liam's fans are just mistakes, misshapes, misfits

4 hours ago, HumbugD said:

Complete bullshit but I've seen rumblings about Liam Gallagher being the support on Friday at Bridlington. People saying the Brid Spa booking agent has let it slip.

really can't see that happening at all, from knebworth to supporting at Brid for a relatively small gig? 
Irony is brid was the very last time I saw oasis play and i'm there on friday for pulp too so "maybe" 

16 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Someone needs to book Blur, Pulp, Suede and [Insert active Britpop bands] onto the same lineup next year. Make it happen festival gods!

Thirty years after. 1994 had Blur, Pulp, Oasis and Radiohead on the same stage on the same day. And none of them even headlined that stage, imagine that.

10 hours ago, sunnyshoes said:

I find it a bit strange that Royal Blood would be sub. I'm not saying that I'm a huge muso but I try to keep up with new stuff and only know that one song so I'm gonna stick my cards on Pulp subbing for AM on Friday for a Sheffield evening.

Plus one here for the Sheffield fantasy over here! 

Although.... Playing devil's advocate, but how are Pulp more relevant to sub than Royal Blood? 

Not that I care - I'd be there regardless!