Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

Im still shocked they arent in the original line up. Im kicking myself for not getting a ticket for their tour. Where could they even be slotted in at this stage? I dont think ive done a Glastonbury without seeing Jarvis is some shape or form.

I’m keeping the faith that they will be there, on the Pyramid somewhere high up on the bill either Friday or Sunday.  They’re touring and they’re available. The only strong argument for them not being there is if they’re continuing their tour into 2024 and fancied doing the festival in 2024 instead. But I’m confident they will be there and announced on the next line up poster 🤞🏻 

1 minute ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Supporting evidence:
- They're free over Glasto weekend
- Nick Banks cryptic tweet reply
- It's Pulp, they've got to be there, right?

Evidence to the contrary:
- Where would they play? Either a secret set (which seems unlikely due to overcrowding) or billed much lower than they should be on the Pyramid

Or a secret set on one of the two main stages. No idea if it’s something they’re planning on rolling out, but having a mysterious gap midway down the Pyramid or Other would be a good way to still have secret sets whilst combating the overcrowding issue of the smaller stages. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Primalcrux said:

Could they possibly do the Other Stage Opener slot? Seems like in recent years those were smaller bands than Pulp, but still seems to be a viable slot that has not been filled yet.

This would be a great kick off but I imagine the crowds would be too much

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

They're headlining a couple of festivals that haven't sold out and might not at all. Could easily see them on the final line up announcement without any fanfare to not steal their thunder.

I think it’s only the Warrington one that hasn’t sold out isn’t it? I think that the rest are all gone? 

3 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I think it’s only the Warrington one that hasn’t sold out isn’t it? I think that the rest are all gone? 

Yep and we got the Glastonbury lineup with times last year on the train on the way home from that festival (well, from the hotel at least) on the Monday. So that gig will be out the way when the full lineup is out

27 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

What sort of world are we living in where Royal Blood get a higher slot than Pulp? The Eavii won't let this happen, they know the score.

A world where Pulps legacy is strong and established enough that it doesn't matter where exactly they're billed.

At the time they announced their summer dates, the talk was that there were 2 being held back - Eden Project and Glastonbury.   It does feel inevitable that they'll be there at some point - but as has been said above, I don't think we will get anything until the other festivals that are still trying to sell tickets, have either happened or sold out.

What also helps is that there are a lot of possibilities - Pyramid sub for AM, Pyramid or Other opener, Park or JP secret slot - or some random "special guest" appearance on Pyramid or Other, at pretty much any point during the day.

7 hours ago, Primalcrux said:

Could they possibly do the Other Stage Opener slot? Seems like in recent years those were smaller bands than Pulp, but still seems to be a viable slot that has not been filled yet.

Would be the perfect opener! Is there anyone else rumoured for this slot ? What a way to start the party.!

8 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

The line up this year is far from stellar, if Pulp were booked they would have been announced already surely 

Why?

Lineup is subjective and the resale being tougher than ever suggests plenty found it good enough.

• Upvote 1