Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

Wonder if they really are just gonna be plonked mid-Pyramid as a big last minute banger announcement. We’ll see.*

* I will be absolutely gutted if that’s the case as I’ll be missing it, but I’ll try and feign some enthusiasm for those of you that are going. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

5 days seems a bit early for full lineup ? 

Emily said by end of May, so discounting the weekend and Bank Hol there’d only be 2 other days they could announce. 

How many stage announcements do we have left? 3 is it? So it could be the full announcement Friday. 

Fully expecting it to be something more Pulp centric however, such as new music.

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Emily said by end of May, so discounting the weekend and Bank Hol there’d only be 2 other days they could announce. 

How many stage announcements do we have left? 3 is it? So it could be the full announcement Friday. 

Fully expecting it to be something more Pulp centric however, such as new music.

New music would be ace. Really never thought they’d have a second reunion after finishing their last one, especially with Jarvis talking it down as close as like two years ago, but to get a reunion and new music as well? We’re winning. 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

S5 is a postcode in Sheffield, it’s quite possible it’ll be a big outdoor home show 

Few big parks, an athletics stadium, and a couple more places... Not really anything that jumps out...

Hillsborough is just outside the boundary, though it is S6

28 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

S5 is a postcode in Sheffield, it’s quite possible it’ll be a big outdoor home show 

Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood and Pulp all from Sheffield..? Could be the 3 on consecutively on the Friday night. 

# But Royal Blood are from Brighton so ignore me!

Edited by Euphoricape

I think they’ll be there and my guess is they won’t be announced with a gap in the Pyramid line-up or TBC, probably Friday either side of Royal Blood.

After recent issues I can’t see them being on the Park or Woodsies, it would be dangerous. Not sure I have ever seen the Other Stage dangerously full so the opening slot there would be safer (even though nothing else on at that time) but the Pyramid makes more sense.

Various things have been in red over this countdown posts.. always the S combined with various numbers so I don’t think S5 is particularly relevant.

I still think it’s a Glastonbury appearance he’s hinting at, I think the control over the announcement lies with the festival hence the lack of clarity over when it will be announced. 

Did I mention my mum knows Jarvis Cocker's dad? Worst tenuous link to a famous person evah. 

She also knows one of Elton's bass/guitar players. And yes I'll tweet them before they go live and ask for a backstage pass.

hashtag famousdesperate. 😆

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Not sure if he’d make such a prolonged tease about playing a festival that only a fraction of his Twitter followers will have tickets for

Yeah but everyone can watch it live on tv (although you are probably right I just want it to be the case)

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Nah there’s no way Pulp are playing now. I hope to be wrong but I think we’d know by now if they were. 

I will always retain a glimmer of hope, but this will probably ring true.