Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Pulp is only woodsies as a TBA

starting to think its not happening. Only possibilities are 3rd down pyramid or a TBA most likely woodsies if thats how its been done.

60% not playing

30% Pyramid 3rd

10% Woodsies TBA

0% Woodsies announced

no doubt they’re first on the “let’s call them last minute” list if any pyramid headliner, sub or other stage headliners had to pull out.

Given it's Friday morning and we seem to have info that (a) Woodsies is being announced today, and (b) there will be a Pulp announcement today - I'd say that puts "Woodsies announced" at a bit higher than 0%. 

The only plausible scenario is Sunday headline opposite Elton John - but that slot is empty as far as we know so far.  

3 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Given it's Friday morning and we seem to have info that (a) Woodsies is being announced today, and (b) there will be a Pulp announcement today - I'd say that puts "Woodsies announced" at a bit higher than 0%. 

The only plausible scenario is Sunday headline opposite Elton John - but that slot is empty as far as we know so far.  

Nope, it’s Phoenix.

Just seen Nick Banks' latest Pulp twitter post... the "big announcement" is that... "it's 14 days until Pulp first reunion gig"!  I'm guessing he said more than he should and has had to backtrack!

So no big Pulp announcement today by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I’ve gone past paralysing fear to resignation. Now I’m laughing, albeit a little bit hysterically. The clash to end them all (literally, cos it’s my last Glasto) is incoming, lads. I can feel it in me water. 

How do ypu know its ypur last Glasto? Never say Never😃

1 hour ago, angelin said:

How do ypu know its ypur last Glasto? Never say Never😃

Cos one of these years, I’ll be right! It’s like the longest breakup ever. 

I said it in ‘17. Then The Cure pulled me in for ‘19. So I might as well stay around for the big 50th in 2020, right? So when it finally came, last year was definitely IT. But then the thought of watching Elton at home was too much come ticket day… 😂 (Now watch me jib him for Pulp cos I barely knew what a Glastonbury was before seeing their ‘95 set on tv.)  

I’m trying really very hard indeed not to think about potential T-Swizzle next year. 

3 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Cos one of these years, I’ll be right! It’s like the longest breakup ever. 

I said it in ‘17. Then The Cure pulled me in for ‘19. So I might as well stay around for the big 50th in 2020, right? So when it finally came, last year was definitely IT. But then the thought of watching Elton at home was too much come ticket day… 😂 (Now watch me jib him for Pulp cos I barely knew what a Glastonbury was before seeing their ‘95 set on tv.)  

I’m trying really very hard indeed not to think about potential T-Swizzle next year. 

Several years ago, I thought I was going to give up soon. I mean, I can't keep going to Glastonbury forever can I?

Then I decided I could.

• Upvote 2

Still think they might be on the bill somewhere.

The Nick Banks tweet came just before the Woodsies announcement didn’t it? Could it be that he thought Pulp would be listed on the Woodsies lineup, and made a bit of a fuck up saying there’s an upcoming announcement only to backtrack when told they’re listed as a TBA/secret set?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

opening the Other?

Is there anyway they could open the Pyramid, I know it would be a departure from what Glastonbury normally do but I just can’t see how they can be a listed act and not play the pyramid due to their size, the other would just be too rammed. Or we are back to secret set