Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?

scatteredscreens

Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Has the price made you decide to not go to the festival?

• The price is out of my budget and I am no longer planning on attending.
    • One or more people in my ticket group has decided not to attend.
    • I'm still planning on attending.
    • Will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off.

Nope, it might be my last one for a little while (just got a new job that prevents holiday on that weekend, but the benefits for my future are too good) 

My partner however who is still in education (masters) whose first time was last year is thinking it might be too much money now. Which is leaving us at a weird space. 

Just spoken to my partner and she’s fully in agreement that we can’t afford it next year. Real shame because we haven’t managed to get tickets in the seven years we’ve been together, and 2023 would’ve been the first time in ages that I’d have been able to get the dates off work easily. But it is what it is. Looking forward to the TV coverage. 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

One of our 6 has decided its too much, but cos he has other commitments around a house move. He may well have decided it was too much in those circumstances even if there was no increase

It definitely gives an easy excuse for those not too sure to begin with (not saying your mate is, but some of our lot probably are)

Just now, Skip997 said:

Always had you down as some sort of crew/volunteer.

i've had a few free kidz field working tickets over the years but have always tried to buy my own so that i'm not dependant on someone else for it, and so the good causes don't miss out.

(i reckon i could blag a ticket somehow if i needed to, i've had a few ticket blags over the years but those options aren't available to me anymore).

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

i've had a few free kidz field working tickets over the years but have always tried to buy my own so that i'm not dependant on someone else for it, and so the good causes don't miss out.

Fair play.

I'm fairly sure that my theoretical wage (i don't actually get paid) is donated to one of the charities. It's certainly the case that Oxfam/Water Aid/Greenpeace get paid for supplying volunteers.

There is certainly no denying it’s expensive now! But it’s not really a surprise given where we are as a whole though.

If I add up the bands I’ll see at Glasto and compare that with seeing them on tour it still balances out I think. Plus all the rest you get at Glasto on top.

Plus, if one of the headline acts are an absolute must see you and you REALLY wanted to be at the front, it’s still likely the cheapest place you could do that. Not that I personally ever have…

The balance payment will definitely sting come April.

Edited by t0paz
Typo

After a few hours and the news sinking in, I'm actually fucking distraught at this price increase. Glastonbury is the centrepiece of my year (as I expect is the case for most people on here) and I've finally been priced out of going... It also seems as though the only way is up for the price tag as well, so I'm not entirely convinced I'll ever get the chance to go again. That's even more disappointing when paired with the fact that due to a bunch of reasons, I didn't have a nice festival at all this year.

End of an era for me. I really don't know what to do with myself!

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

After a few hours and the news sinking in, I'm actually fucking distraught at this price increase. Glastonbury is the centrepiece of my year (as I expect is the case for most people on here) and I've finally been priced out of going... It also seems as though the only way is up for the price tag as well, so I'm not entirely convinced I'll ever get the chance to go again. That's even more disappointing when paired with the fact that due to a bunch of reasons, I didn't have a nice festival at all this year.

End of an era for me. I really don't know what to do with myself!

How much are you priced out by ? Is it just you or other members of a group ? 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How much are you priced out by ? Is it just you or other members of a group ? 

£300 was the limit for me and my girlfriend. There's 8 in our usual group. 4 old-timers, and 4 that came for the first time in 2022. The 4 of us that have been going for years have said we're out, whereas the newbies aren't bothered by the price at all.

With parking it’ll be knocking £400, plus our WV tent booking. Honestly not sure it’s viable, especially with food + drink expenses. Think we will try for tickets, but for the first time, I won’t be devastated if I don’t get them. The festival demographic has been changing for sure. Not sure if I want to be part of the next phase of its “non-inclusive” evolution. Feel very sad tbh 😢

6 minutes ago, K2SO said:

£300 was the limit for me and my girlfriend. There's 8 in our usual group. 4 old-timers, and 4 that came for the first time in 2022. The 4 of us that have been going for years have said we're out, whereas the newbies aren't bothered by the price at all.

Yeah that’s quite a jump from your limit . Hopefully a lottery win comes your way or you manage to find an alternative that’s not so pricey … or maybe try the work option … although I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea 

I budget a year in advance normally and have saved the 2 covid years tix price back to compensate, tho in truth kind of surprised then not so surprised when I think it over. The sophistication of the modern festival and the rules and regs it must satisfy regrettably makes it as exposed to market forces as much and any corporation.