Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?

scatteredscreens

Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Has the price made you decide to not go to the festival?

• The price is out of my budget and I am no longer planning on attending.
    • One or more people in my ticket group has decided not to attend.
    • I'm still planning on attending.
    • Will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah that’s quite a jump from your limit . Hopefully a lottery win comes your way or you manage to find an alternative that’s not so pricey … or maybe try the work option … although I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea 

We might think about work. Luckily for me, my actual work pays me to go to other festivals so hopefully I can weasel our way into Glasto... We know a few bands as well, so maybe we can get in for a day through a band 🤞

• Like 1

I reckon Smaller festivals and maybe even some of the larger ones will suffer next summer. Glastonbury will always sell out in minutes but it’s sad to read that some will be priced out. The economic crisis is only starting and the entertainment industry will feel the effect over the coming months. Yesterdays reality check and the total clusterfuck created by Truss and her followers hasn’t helped. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I reckon Smaller festivals and maybe even some of the larger ones will suffer next summer. Glastonbury will always sell out in minutes but it’s sad to read that some will be priced out. The economic crisis is only starting and the entertainment industry will feel the effect over the coming months. Yesterdays reality check and the total clusterfuck created by Truss and her followers hasn’t helped. 

smaller fests will probably pick up some of the people priced out of glasto.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The smaller ones will offer payment plans and actually give you a lineup when tickets go on sale. You know what youre getting and the financial impact is a little lower if youre spreading out 7 or 8 payments for a ticket. you cant predict who is going to have a spare £300 lying around come April to pay the balance off for glasto. Double edged sword on anyone who waits to buy a ticket for a small festival hoping some people dump their tickets for under face when its a few weeks away. If they dont get enough sales to begin with then they could just cancel. Festival Republic and AEG fests will ride this out as best as possible cause they got money in reserve. Its the others to be concerned about.

Ill say this, if they purposefully delayed T day to coincide with Taylor Swift dropping her album and subsequent tour with a Glasto announce, then that shows they might have to be headliner/big name dependent from here on out before the sale. Then theres at least one fanbase attempting to get tickets and filling in the gaps left by people who are not going to go. Maybe there is an influx of international attendees due to the weak pound. Its a steal at £340 in usd.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not always. 

No way they won’t announce a substantial amount of the lineup before people have to pay the balance, not after Emily sending out a note yesterday having to justify the ticket price. We will get the usual lineup poster before the closing of the balance payment window, I’m certain of that this time 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Ill say this, if they purposefully delayed T day to coincide with Taylor Swift dropping her album and subsequent tour with a Glasto announce, then that shows they might have to be headliner/big name dependent from here on out before the sale. Then theres at least one fanbase attempting to get tickets and filling in the gaps left by people who are not going to go. Maybe there is an influx of international attendees due to the weak pound. Its a steal at £340 in usd.

Are you seriously suggesting they delayed the ticket sale a month, just to announce taylor so that swifties fill the gap

The international attendee point isn't a bad shout though i've got to say

1 hour ago, Neil said:

smaller fests will probably pick up some of the people priced out of glasto.

This is what happens with the people who don't get a ticket anyway i'd imagine - won't make much of a difference

We aren’t going next year, already booked something else for next year that clashes with Glastonbury but if not for that we would still try for tickets. It’s a big jump over 2019 prices but probably about where it would be with normal yearly increases plus a bit, I guess, for extra costs like cancellation insurance.

the only way tickets will ever not go up is if the festival gives less to the various charities, which is never going to happen and nor should it. At least the increases aren’t there to protect their own profits.

It's my daughter's last summer before starting school - we were planning on going next year but I also think £1k + for a weekend when we want to make the most of 2023 for showing her a bit of the world before we're tied to school holidays could be better spent... I think we'll do a more affordable festival instead & spend the difference on a weekend away outside of the UK.

14 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Should also take into account food and drink will be more expensive on site

realistically I think it will cost £1k all in and that’s with existing camp equipment

Potentially more for fewer (good) choices and less on your plate too.  Always liked thinking of Glastonbury as being a 5-day food festival on top of everything else but that's maybe becoming a bit less so.

13 hours ago, K2SO said:

We might think about work. Luckily for me, my actual work pays me to go to other festivals so hopefully I can weasel our way into Glasto... We know a few bands as well, so maybe we can get in for a day through a band 🤞

One of my friends works for Thames water so if he’s volunteering for wateraid he doesn’t have to take annual leave, which is a massive perk, as they need you to arrive on the Tuesday 

He has done 2 years on the loo crew now