Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?

scatteredscreens

Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Has the price made you decide to not go to the festival?

• The price is out of my budget and I am no longer planning on attending.
    • One or more people in my ticket group has decided not to attend.
    • I'm still planning on attending.
    • Will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I understand the concept of WhatsApp groups. Just never had that many people going.

Essentially, we were previously two groups, and had cross over of friends at this years festival

Myself and the other 'organiser' in the other group got chatting and decided to combine into a super group in an attempt to up the odds 

Edited by leath02

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Essentially, we were previously two groups, and had cross over of friends at this years festival

Myself and the other 'organiser' in the other group got chatting and decided to combine into a super group in an attempt to up the odds 

Fair dos! Must be handy for ticket day.

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

Still 42 / 42 in our ticket group chat 

Probs a 50 / 50 split on those who have been before and those who havent 

42/42 is impressive. Surprised you've managed to convince so many newbies at that price point

5 hours ago, tigger123 said:

No way they won’t announce a substantial amount of the lineup before people have to pay the balance, not after Emily sending out a note yesterday having to justify the ticket price. We will get the usual lineup poster before the closing of the balance payment window, I’m certain of that this time 

I wouldn't bet on it... 

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if the poll is accurate 30% might not attend the festival ..... thats a very significant number to me and id say we are the most hardcore on here 

The second option is a bit wishy washy it must be said - could mean 1 person out of a 50 person group isn't attending or 49 people out of 50. Hard to say properly off this poll

This will be the year that my daughter and family were planning to return so I've agreed to go along and be babysitting grandfather and see a different side to the festival.  To be honest if it weren't for that I'd have given it a pass because times are hard and likely to only get harder between now and next summer.

If we do get tickets it will be my last hurrah at Glastonbury.  I've reached the point where I feel like I'm a boring old git who is blocking someone from a ticket who'd get more value out of it.

I think £400 a ticket would be my limit along with £200 campervan ticket.... Hopefully that's many many years away 🤞 I only spent £49 this year on food and drink (mainly because I couldn't be bothered queuing up and the first few days they seemed to have no good ales available) as with a campervan you can take as much booze as you need and enough food for breakfasts and snacks throughout the day .

One of our circle won't be going this year simply because they've changed jobs and no longer get the time off work to go. For others interest seems to be waning as they'd rather spend what money they have on a holiday.... We will be trying for tickets though.

29 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Really didn't want to break the question down into 5 more options.

Oh of course, not blaming you - just meant it isn't accurate for predicting the hit to ticket triers

• Upvote 1