Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?

scatteredscreens

Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Has the price made you decide to not go to the festival?

• The price is out of my budget and I am no longer planning on attending.
    • One or more people in my ticket group has decided not to attend.
    • I'm still planning on attending.
    • Will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off.

19 hours ago, Spindles said:

This will be the year that my daughter and family were planning to return so I've agreed to go along and be babysitting grandfather and see a different side to the festival.  To be honest if it weren't for that I'd have given it a pass because times are hard and likely to only get harder between now and next summer.

If we do get tickets it will be my last hurrah at Glastonbury.  I've reached the point where I feel like I'm a boring old git who is blocking someone from a ticket who'd get more value out of it.

There is no right way to enjoy Glasto @Spindles If you still get a kick out of it, keep going.

Haven't managed to get tickets since the 2016 festival and since then we've done a few different, smaller festivals and enjoyed them as much, if not more, than Glasto. Watched it on the TV this year and didn't even feel any great pangs so we're probably going to give it a miss. Plus my mortgage is just about to go up by £500 a month so I probably can't afford it anyway.

On 10/18/2022 at 1:58 AM, gfa said:

Are you seriously suggesting they delayed the ticket sale a month, just to announce taylor so that swifties fill the gap

The international attendee point isn't a bad shout though i've got to say

This is what happens with the people who don't get a ticket anyway i'd imagine - won't make much of a difference

Why not. If there was a consensus from eavii hq that they were going to hit a speed bump in sales, might as well show theres incentive in buying. I dont think just having a gap is going to be good enough this time. ( elton has folled too many people ) Youre also potentially bringing in a lot of first time attendees who will have money to spend. And if people just came for swift theyre more or less stuck at the farm for 5 days. I dont see why anyone is going to just show up for a saturday or sunday and leave. i think the most insane thing will be everyone scrambling for a spot at the front since she obviously cant play the Friday if she is nailed on. Wonder if they would allow people to stay overnight at the pyramid from Friday night and on for example. I know theres cleanup crews that come in afterwards, but would the stewards let people just camp at the barrier?  

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Why not. If there was a consensus from eavii hq that they were going to hit a speed bump in sales, might as well show theres incentive in buying. I dont think just having a gap is going to be good enough this time. ( elton has folled too many people ) Youre also potentially bringing in a lot of first time attendees who will have money to spend. And if people just came for swift theyre more or less stuck at the farm for 5 days. I dont see why anyone is going to just show up for a saturday or sunday and leave. i think the most insane thing will be everyone scrambling for a spot at the front since she obviously cant play the Friday if she is nailed on. Wonder if they would allow people to stay overnight at the pyramid from Friday night and on for example. I know theres cleanup crews that come in afterwards, but would the stewards let people just camp at the barrier?  

😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out sadly. 10 Glastonbury's in a row is a very good run. I'm getting married in June and the plan was for this to be our honeymoon (my partner has never been, and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to show her my favourite place on Earth). But we were already struggling with wedding suppliers tripling their prices since Covid, and we just can do it.

I have to admit I was underwhelmed by 2022 as well. The music just wasn't for me. The old stuff was too old (all 90's nostalgia) and the new stuff wasn't my thing. Also far too many acts heavily using backing tracks. I'm sad, but I think I'm okay with it. Good luck to everyone trying!