2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

9 minutes ago, sedra said:

I think I was expecting this - when you hear about the extortionate cost of business energy costs which the festival will no doubt have to pay plus everything else which has gone up. Some big stadium shows are well over £150 for some tickets so I guess for 5 days it’s about right. I will be trying for tickets even though I am not sure I will be able to go due to health reasons - will wait to see if I get tix or need to wait til April. Fully understand that for others it will be not possible though. 

Thats just greed though rather than the actual cost, other acts do stadiums for half that like AM's tour

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

Let’s face it , if tickets were allowed to go on Viagogo last year, they’d have all sold for way over £335.

But they aren't and thats never going to happen...

So far beyond the point that

36 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

For me and the daughter. Who is at York Uni. That is £785 before Sticklinch which is where I was planning to camp. I am gonna need some worthy headliners before I drop the best part of £1500 on a G2023 weekend. I think they are taking the piss now. 

Yeah. I’m in the same boat. I would have to count on paying two adult tickets. Then myself, my partner and our toddler would go. But in just two festivals, the cost of two tickets has gone from 500 quid to 700 without travel etc. I am going to have to seriously consider it.

I also feel that the way the lineup has been going maybe its a good time to step off.

Not that there isn’t always loads that I love, or that I ever have much free time. But I would really resent thinking about how much of my 700 quid had been pocketed by whatever flavour of the month algorithm friendly drivel they fill the big slots on the big stages with.

Edited by mattiloy
  • Like 2

I'm kinda on the fence about the price rise all in all as it is a sharp rise but I get why they are doing it and overall it is still decent value for money. Glastonbury is my holiday for the year, I don't have any kids so the cost is just myself so I probably will still try for tickets but I understand why for some it's too much especially in the cost of living crises.

• Upvote 1

Price rise doesn't seem great, after what was seen by many this year for various reasons, as a disappointing festival.

But if tickets where released today even at £350, it would still sell out instantly and people would be happy to pay it.

We'll still be trying for tickets personally, but if next years festivals plays out similar to this one (which was great but definitely didn't live upto previous years) and the inevitable further price increase for the 2024 festival think that will finally be the year we dont bother

Just now, lukemack said:

Price rise doesn't seem great, after what was seen by many this year for various reasons, as a disappointing festival.

But if tickets where released today even at £350, it would still sell out instantly and people would be happy to pay it.

We'll still be trying for tickets personally, but if next years festivals plays out similar to this one (which was great but definitely didn't live upto previous years) and the inevitable further price increase for the 2024 festival think that will finally be the year we dont bother

Who saw it as disappointing? 😳

My personal favourite of the 12 I’ve done 

5 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Who saw it as disappointing? 😳

My personal favourite of the 12 I’ve done 

Obviously not all attendees, but seems to be the general consensus among alot of the people who we generally go with, only the people who attended for the first time that I knew where still blown away with it

Edited by lukemack

1 hour ago, gfa said:

But they aren't and thats never going to happen...

So far beyond the point that

They may as well do a ticket exchange and then just charge a fee for that so the fest can nab a few extra quid where they can instead of somebody not being able to go in May and no power to give their ticket to somebody else. Also of course they dont care about the sneaking in because its money in any shape or form.

if the headliners got their actual rates they charge the ticket would cost well over £400 by now.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, damo101 said:

Reckon I’ll wait til the resale and the line up is a bit more clear. If the line up isn’t great I’ll go to inmusic over in Croatia, reckon flights, accommodation and a ticket along beer money will be a good bit less than the total cost of Glastonbury 

Last time I parked at my local regional airport (Bristol) just that aspect was about 150 for the length of Glastonbury 

31 minutes ago, lukemack said:

Obviously not all attendees, but seems to be the general consensus among alot of the people who we generally go with, only the people who attended for the first time that I knew where still blown away with it

People have always said ‘it isn’t as good as it used to be’. 

If your group was disappointed I doubt very much that was the general consensus. 

24 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

People have always said ‘it isn’t as good as it used to be’. 

If your group was disappointed I doubt very much that was the general consensus. 

Indeed, I've read hundreds if not thousands of comments about this year and none mentioned that. 

9 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

You're right, of course.

But the Leftfield tent (and politics at Glastonbury) gets grief from some festival goers - even on this forum. And a lot of people spend zero time or thought in the green and healing fields. These are the bits of 'old glastonbury' that have survived. How long until these are evicted or leave of their own choice? Or VIP circles or enclosures start springing up?

Reckon there’s approximately zero chance of any of that happening as long the festival is ran by Emily.

I don't like the idea of the festival being priced to a point of essentially financially many now can't afford it....but there will be a field of people who still can that earn enough. 

If you've never been I can just about see it, if you're a regular it is extortionate and it's likely you are just paying more and more to see acts you like in a setting a place that you've previously seen acts you like for much cheaper.

They would need a Maccaesque headliner next year for me not to save my money and put the £30 back in. It's my sisters 40th birthday that week too so I'm kinda torn anyway and given when Glastonbury is I've not been around much for it.

As an increase on the last few years, yeah, it's a lot, but it's kind of what we all expected right? The tickets cheats/tips thread had people quoting estimates between 315-350 quid, so it's well within that ball park.

For the demographics, I imagine a lot of people ("regular" Glasto crowd, not the regatta crowd) who missed out last year on tickets, who kept their money and have been squirrelling away for this past year hoping for 2023, will not see the dynamic change too much. 

As for people who are quoting the luxury extras like Sticklinch, or the fact they have to pay out for their children who're 18+ etc - you sound like you're doing alright in the first place tbh. No way when I was at uni could my single parent family ever dream of buying my tickets for a train journey, let alone a whole music festival. And places like Sticklich/Worthy View are luxuries, which is fine but they're still optional. I'd cut that out straight away from my planning.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, March Hare said:

BBC quote “Festival-goers will be charged £335 plus a £5 booking fee for standard tickets, plus a £50 deposit.”

Whoever wrote that sentence must have a vested interest in making tickets sound even more expensive than they actually are. Wonder if it’s someone on here 🙂 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Now the ticket price has shot up hopefully they’ll have a re-think of what’s on offer entertainment wise on the Thursday.

£340 to be penned in a certain area of the festival due to some mad hatter programming things which quite clearly will attract huge amounts of people when there’s nothing to spread the crowds out elsewhere on site similar to what we had this year certainly won’t be palatable.

• Upvote 2

Also, given they literally turned everything down on the Wednesday this year (case in point being having to watch beans on toast play using the smallest speaker I’ve ever seen on the bandstand)

Perhaps they could use some of these new spends to review the licence conditions.

Edit: can you tell my daughter had me up in the middle of the night 😂

Edited by JoeyT