LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

I've always found The Paul Heaton Songbook doesn't get the respect it deserves overall. So many simple but great pop songs.

One of the most underrated songwriters ever IMO.  Build still gives me chills every time I hear it.  And an all round thoroughly good bloke.  Shame he's a dirty blade (Sheff Utd fan.)

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

One of the most underrated songwriters ever IMO.  Build still gives me chills every time I hear it.  And an all round thoroughly good bloke.  Shame he's a dirty blade (Sheff Utd fan.)

Great song. It's used in All Of Us Strangers so perfectly as well.

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

I've always found The Paul Heaton Songbook doesn't get the respect it deserves overall. So many simple but great pop songs.

The gig up in the Acoustic the other year was an all timer. I went in lukewarm but it was banger after banger 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

When the Housemartins played the pyramid in 1986, during the set someone climbed the speaker stack to the left of the stage to erect a banner to protest about news international and the Wapping strikes. 

As I recall there was an expectation they might get upset at this interrupting their show, but hats off to them they encouraged them on. 

That and the numerous times he's taken a principled stand or dipped into his pocket to support communities or his fans - he's a top bloke. 

Fat Boy is always hanging around the site and I know this gets mentioned a lot but is there always room for a Housemartins secret set? Perhaps an acoustic set on the Band Stand. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Fat Boy is always hanging around the site and I know this gets mentioned a lot but is there always room for a Housemartins secret set? Perhaps an acoustic set on the Band Stand. 

That would be bloody wonderful!

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nah, somewhere bigger, he should guest on the Pyramid 😊

9 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Do we know when the payment window is yet? Surely not April considering that’s only a couple weeks away? Was it April or May last year?

March last year - and isn't the payment window dates given on ticket confirmation emails?

Were Idles rumoured for Woodsies? Would have been a better fit, they hardly packed the field 3rd down last time. Them against Fontaines makes no sense. Am I misremembering one year where someone was labelled the headliner for the Other but played 2nd from top and a dance act closed the stage? I know they do it at IOW but can't remember if that's been the case at Glastonbury 

8 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

. Don't be surprised to see pretty much all these names (some of them already are on the poster):

they're not quite so obvious to do that!.

1 hour ago, Ged Devereux said:

Am I misremembering one year where someone was labelled the headliner for the Other but played 2nd from top and a dance act closed the stage? I know they do it at IOW but can't remember if that's been the case at Glastonbury 

I don’t think so… Coachella do that but I don’t remember Glasto doing it