The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

5 hours ago, Spindles said:

Monday in 2016 was glorious.  Lots of people bogged down in car parks trying to leave overnight, early morning, but by midday the entire site was rock hard, solid dry ground.  We packed up but my son's car keys ended up being moved to the main lockup, leading to a few hours of hanging around with the suncream packed.  No one at work could understand how the festival was reported all weekend as a washout and I came back looking like a lobster.

I got sunburnt on the Sat afternoon watching Madness

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If only hats and suncream had been invented. Sadly, they haven't been so we're left with no choice but to burn.

I have both on. Unfortunately, I still burn. You might be lucky & don't. I don't even go brown after, just red. 

I try and stay in when it's hot. That's how I deal with it, but it's an outdoor festival without aircon, so I cant. If there is an Aircon room I can stay in between 12-4 every day, I can probably handle a heatwave.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have both on. Unfortunately, I still burn. You might be lucky & don't. I don't even go brown after, just red. 

SolbariWomenUltimateSunHat4-AU02BEIGE_50

https://www.solbari.co.uk/products/ultimate-sun-hat-upf50-sun-protection?variant=39350296871014&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-pCVBhCFARIsAGMxhAfX08rIxsGL7_hy6gpy_c_rYlc1EY4gRTJTMUA5QvejvBF882mCQv0aAi1vEALw_wcB

And a pair of shades.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If only hats and suncream had been invented. Sadly, they haven't been so we're left with no choice but to burn.

Oh God you're right.  And what if it's wet, there's nothing for that either.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might go for the full Hazmat suit.

Thing is, if it's 30°.  I just have to deal with it or, go home. If it rains, I'd say the same to other people. 

My mum is the same as me... my dad is the opposite, he is forever cold & needs it boiling. (Not sure about the milkman)