Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Just found out that this is happening on the first Saturday that live music venues can reopen. Bit of a shitty move in my opinion and doesn't sit right with me.

It’s really such a non issue. The idea that people who were going to go out that night to see live music are now going to stay in instead because of this is ridiculous. 

I don’t see people all pissed off at Eurovision being the same night but using the same argument, that would make more people stay away from hospitality and venues.

• Upvote 1

I've never knowingly listened to a Coldplay album, let alone bought one. I find their brand of stadium-friendly pop utterly bland and Chris Martin can be a pretentious arse.

That said, their 2016 was, for me, unexpectedly entertaining and rather moving. CM is obviously a huge fan of the festival and it's great that they've agreed to play this. Count me in.

16 hours ago, K2SO said:

Just found out that this is happening on the first Saturday that live music venues can reopen. Bit of a shitty move in my opinion and doesn't sit right with me.

They planned the date before the roadmap came out and anyway not everyone will be rushing off to live venues yet so soon or have the option, and others will be doing Eurovision. You can pick a different time zone if you want to do both. 

18 hours ago, K2SO said:

They're trying to make money themselves, they wouldn't pick a date where large parts of their potential audience is going to rush out to pubs and venues etc. Moaning about one business trying to stay afloat, which could affect other businesses trying to stay afloat doesn't sit right with me

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The guy’s right, but given that it’s only a one off fundraiser it’s hard to get too pissy about it. It’s not like this is the future of the festival.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:26 PM, DeanoL said:

You can have "very busy" but reality is with socially distanced events and massively reduced capacity that gigs that weren't sold out were making a loss.

Can't speak for music but for comedy at least, acts were performing for about half the usual fee and promoters were taking little to no cut, and gigs that didn't sell out ended up costing someone money.

Dunno if London is different, but the three main comedy clubs I got to all have gigs lined up, and trying to get a reservation in a restaurant/open air bar is like finding a needle in a haystack. Fingers crossed it's all good!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Dunno if London is different, but the three main comedy clubs I got to all have gigs lined up, and trying to get a reservation in a restaurant/open air bar is like finding a needle in a haystack. Fingers crossed it's all good!

I've just booked out all your favourite places and I'm not even gonna bother going. BECAUSE I'M A BASTARD.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2021 at 5:30 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent concise summary! Can’t be many on here that still worship early/mid  70s heavy rock with a dash of early pre pretentious prog the way I do. 

No word of a lie, first two albums I bought with my very own cash.... Queen II and Misplaced Childhood.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, Hugh Jass said:

As a proud West Midlander I have nothing but love for a Balti Pie, seriously, there is no finer food to enjoy at a football match... Saddens me greatly that you can never find them anywhere south of the Midlands.

Even at Glasto, every pie stall I walk past I always scan for balti but never see it.

Washed down with a hot bovril, from a paper cup, that you can’t taste after the first sip because you’ve scalded the outer layer of your tongue off.

Edited by John the Moth
Expanded
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Washed down with a hot bovril, from a paper cup, that you can’t taste after the first sip because you’ve scalded the outer layer of your tongue off.

I remember the guy with a giant thermos full of the stuff strapped to his back down the front of the Brummie Rd.

(only about three people on here will understand any of that)

On 4/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, Gnomicide said:

Not so sure about that. I find the modern Pyramid field crowd to be quite passive. There's the odd exception to that rule, usually during the "teatime" slot or certain headliners but generally it can be quite dull in my experience.

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not so sure about that. I find the modern Pyramid field crowd to be quite passive. There's the odd exception to that rule, usually during the "teatime" slot or certain headliners but generally it can be quite dull in my experience.

Depends who’s on. Only time I’ve seen trouble at Glasto was at the Pyramid - Dizzee 09, saw fights kicking off all over the place.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Depends who’s on. Only time I’ve seen trouble at Glasto was at the Pyramid - Dizzee 09, saw fights kicking off all over the place.

When I say "passive", I mean with minimal response or interaction. Possibly an incorrect use of wording. Essentially, the Pyramid crowd is quite dull, is what I mean. Not the "stars of the show" that the article claims. 

I'm surprised regarding the fights. Never seen any aggression whatsoever anywhere at the festival.