Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

I just don’t get this.

After more than a year of sitting inside, does this guy really think people are going to stay in and watch a live stream instead of going to a pub/club/gig?!

Surely if anybody misses out on potential revenue, it’s Glasto themselves? 

Yeah it's confusing. It must be more of a symbolic thing, rather than actually worrying about filling their venues up. If the music venues trust were planning a live stream event that weekend then it would have been shortsighted but obviously that's not the case.

The target audience is people like us who are so devoted to the farm that they would be spending that weekend camping in the garden, drinking cider and shitting in a bucket out of tribute regardless.

edit: hey i didn't even clock that this was in May. I thought it was Glasto weekend. Don't mind me. No bucketshitting.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

There's still going to be restrictions that weekend. You have to 'book' a 2 hour slot and pubs are still closing at 10:30pm.

Where have you seen this?  All the blurb on gov.uk says 'no curfew' for indoor hospitality....and nothing I can see ref booking a slot.

a. Indoor hospitality, with no requirement for a substantial meal to be served alongside alcoholic drinks, and no curfew. The requirement to order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’) will remain

🤔

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Where have you seen this?  All the blurb on gov.uk says 'no curfew' for indoor hospitality....and nothing I can see ref booking a slot.

a. Indoor hospitality, with no requirement for a substantial meal to be served alongside alcoholic drinks, and no curfew. The requirement to order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’) will remain

🤔

Was reading the rules for Scotland. 

Isn't it likely pubs in the UK will be on some kinda curfew (i.e. 10pm) in late May? Plus also probably restrictions on how many folk you can have around your gaff? So I don't think it's unreasonable to think that people will still be enjoying live shows from the comfort of their couches, even if they have been on the beer garden lash all afternoon.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Isn't it likely pubs in the UK will be on some kinda curfew (i.e. 10pm) in late May? Plus also probably restrictions on how many folk you can have around your gaff? So I don't think it's unreasonable to think that people will still be enjoying live shows from the comfort of their couches, even if they have been on the beer garden lash all afternoon.

Don't think that's especially likely in England. The Government here only put a 10pm curfew in place briefly last Autumn when they were desperately trying to avoid a total lockdown, and hasn't seemed keen on the idea at any other time. Come May, they'll be keen to show that everything is as normal as possible and to take the credit for it.

Can't speak for the rest of the country.

I expect any pubs opening first weekend will need to be booked well in advance. I've managed to line up a few beer gardens in the upcoming weeks but all in very high demand

When indoors does return I'll absolutely be doing my best to have something lined up

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

See my post above....no curfew for indoor hospitality from 17th May. 

The way i see it is they have created a option for people to access live music and make a personal choice of how to spend an evening!!! 
Its good to hear by this date people will be able to make choices of how to spend their evenings something we havent had for a long time!! 
lets have some positivity folks about looking forward!!!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

The way i see it is they have created a option for people to access live music and make a personal choice of how to spend an evening!!! 
Its good to hear by this date people will be able to make choices of how to spend their evenings something we havent had for a long time!! 
lets have some positivity folks about looking forward!!!

You're new to the internet aren't you? 😉

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

I expect any pubs opening first weekend will need to be booked well in advance. I've managed to line up a few beer gardens in the upcoming weeks but all in very high demand

When indoors does return I'll absolutely be doing my best to have something lined up

I'm going to take the occasional day off in the week and go to a beer garden then for a late lunch and some pints, as I expect there'll be no need to book! Perks of freelancing!

I'm looking forward to eventually being able to have a spontaneous pint in evenings and weekends though 

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah didn't think it would be live, there might be some sections going out live but most of it will be recorded over the weeks before it.

I've got it in my head as basically being along the lines of the thing Camp Bestival did last year, just with bigger name acts.